Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 18 Jul 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Where can I get a new top like this

I feel a bit embarrassed putting this photo up as this top is so old (33 years to be precise!) and I know itís not exactly the height of fashion, but itís a thin lightweight cotton, and I used to use it over the top of vest tops (undone) just as a cover up. Also rolls up quite small to put in a rucksack. I actually bought it for my very 1st Disneyworld trip back in 1988 so I had something to cover my shoulders without over-heating. Unfortunately itís definitely seen better ways and is still in my wardrobe (I promise I donít own any other garments this old!). I donít even know where I bought it now - possibly a market. I have searched online but canít seem to find anything similar. TIA. x
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Damart maybe? I think you should be able to find one, my mum used to buy similar all the time.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyGWales
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bonmarche possibly ?

I have some summer tops that are older than this. No need to be embarrassed. When it's right, it's right !
FamilyGWales is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Thank you both - will check these out. Iím pretty sure it mayíve come from a market initially, but really canít remember! Thanks again.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Are you on Instagram? If you are search for Little Miss Super ShopperÖ she looks for specific items for people. You can just drop her a message with a picture and she comes back with something exactly like it or similar.

Hope this helps.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Excited about Disney

What's wrong with it? If its got holes sew some embellishments on it, if it's the colour, you could dye /tie-dye it. Looks like it's still got plenty of life in it looking at the photo
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Are you on Instagram? If you are search for Little Miss Super ShopperÖ she looks for specific items for people. You can just drop her a message with a picture and she comes back with something exactly like it or similar.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, yes I am on Insta, will look into this!
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mandij39 View Post
What's wrong with it? If its got holes sew some embellishments on it, if it's the colour, you could dye /tie-dye it. Looks like it's still got plenty of life in it looking at the photo
Itís got an oily stain(s) on lapel part that iíve not been able to get out. Also, up close it looks very very worn. Iíve tried whitening sachets & stain removers but doesnít fix it unfortunately.
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jdndt
Imagineer

Cotton traders have something similar - go on their website and search for wrinkle free cardigan. HTH

(BTW the vest top I'm wearing is older than my children - oldest is 19 next month!)
jdndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

I would do a search online for ďbaseball jerseyĒ or ďbutton front v neckĒ- I think thatís the name for shirts with that style of collar and shape.

Edited at 02:57 AM.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List