Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

Soarin vs Frozen ever after

Hi
Does anyone have experience of a 4 year old going on Soarin? Mine is tall enough but I just don't know if it's something he will be scared of? Never been on it myself so it's hard for me to know.
He loves Frozen, but the other adults in the group would obviously prefer a FP for Soarin!
Would you get the FP for frozen and let the others do Soarin? Maybe try and get a rider switch ... I really want to try Soarin!

We are planing to rope drop (there are no EMH) if that makes any difference
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by squish View Post
Hi
Does anyone have experience of a 4 year old going on Soarin? Mine is tall enough but I just don't know if it's something he will be scared of? Never been on it myself so it's hard for me to know.
He loves Frozen, but the other adults in the group would obviously prefer a FP for Soarin!
Would you get the FP for frozen and let the others do Soarin? Maybe try and get a rider switch ... I really want to try Soarin!

Me personally, i dont like Soarin.
Its fun, but i would rate FEA high above it.
Try get a rider switch if you cannot decide i'd say... There are videos of soarin online. Maybe show him and see what he thinks?

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kipperphill
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

My 4 year old went on it and liked it.

I would FP soarin for 10am and rope drop to Frozen and then do test track and then do Soarin. You should be able to do all 3 on standby if you RD by 10.30am. You can then do Soarin again with the FP and try and sit in the middle if you didn't get to do it there the first time (difference between good ride and bad ride for me!)
kipperphill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

Thanks that's really helpful. We are going to Epcot for our first day (didn't do it properly last time) so assuming we're up and out early I'm expecting us to be there for 9am RD!
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KymmieAKiss View Post
Me personally, i dont like Soarin.
Its fun, but i would rate FEA high above it.
Try get a rider switch if you cannot decide i'd say... There are videos of soarin online. Maybe show him and see what he thinks?
Good idea about the video - although he's very much yeah yeah yeah then a firm NO He turns 4 a week before we go.
Old 5 Aug 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by squish View Post
Hi

I don't think there is anything to be scared of but I would much rather do Frozen than Soarin'. We think Soarin' is pretty rubbish unless you get one of a small number of seats, we probably won't bother with it again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

My 4 year old went on it this year and my 3 year old would have too if she was tall enough. She better grow 2in in the next year or I will put her on a stretching table!

Anyway my 4 year old is nearly 5. She loved it and went on it twice. Once with me and once with her dad.
It did make her jump though which she found funny. Just because things are coming towards you and it made her jump.
My two girls are daredevils though so maybe not the best people to ask.
She went on test track, big thunder,splash mountain dinosaur and Everest too. She loved Everest that much she did it 5 times! But she jumped a mile at it’s a bugs life when the spiders came down.

I would try and do both.
Personally for me I would fastpass frozen and rope drop soarin. This is what we did on our first day. Think it was about 20min wait. I know we did soarin then joy and sadness before 9.45.
The reason is that soarin fastpasses aren’t as hard to get. If you look on the app now there is only two frozen ones left for all day but loads of soarin starting from 1.30.
You could always do all your 3 fastpasses then get a fourth on soarin also.

My opinion
Yes take the 4 year old on. It was good to watch but may make them jump.
Rope drop soarin. FP frozen.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

As he loves Frozen, I’d definitely FP+ that as it is very popular. I wouldn’t say Soarin is frightening at all. He might quite enjoy the sensation of being lifted up and some of the scenes. As others have said, do Soarin at rope drop and get your FP for Frozen.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My girls were quite timid and they have always liked soarin. But we have had lots of fastpasses for it this trip so it’s not hard to get.

Frozen for me is a nothing ride but if you love the film then I can see the appeal. It was a very minor ride before the rename and they didn’t change an awful lot when they made it Frozen.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
El Duderino
Gone all Goofy

My 3 year old was on Soarin earlier this year and absolutely loved it. He didn't seem as if he was scared at any point
El Duderino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List