Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rozzyb2011 View Post
Definitely ! I claimed around £300 total for dr visit and ear drops made of what I can only assume was solid gold leaf, so I am sure that's why it wasnt quibbled 😊
They certainly know how to charge in the US. Having recently spend almost 3 weeks in hospital, several of those days in intensive care I dread to think what a bill in the US would’ve been. Thank god for the NHS!
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Not for us ever, but I know people will take the chance for whatever reason. For most that risk will probably pay off, but for others it’s a life changing financial decision possibly!

It also shocks me how late some people leave it to book it! We were sat next to some young guys having breakfast at Gatwick once. They were off skiing that day and trying to sort the insurance over breakfast 😳!
They'd be lucky - at least if they were wholly honest. Where I work, if your trip has already started it wouldn't be covered.

We've only claimed once. Chris took a reaction first time we went to Florida, 5th time to the US as a couple, and his face swelled up, could barely see. Spent the morning at the CentraCare clinic on the 192, $500, several injections and a couple of prescriptions later, we were in Magic Kingdom for the afternoon! Paid on the card, claimed when we got home, pretty quick and easy. Would not go without it, especially knowing what the bills are like there!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Never! We’ve not travelled when insurance was over £1200 because of DS pre-existing medical conditions.
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No way!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I read this story and thought this is why we must never, never, never travel without insurance.

I have done 2 trips to Florida whilst pregnant and the insurance was nowhere near the price being quoted here.

I do wonder if this is a young couple who have been naive and thought nothing bad could happen to them. We have had to persuade DS that travel insurance is essential. We always cite a friend’s son who fell, broke 2 vertebrae, both ankles and some ribs whilst in Thailand. His hospital treatment cost more than £100,000. Thankfully he had a basic policy that covered him.
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rozzyb2011 View Post
I am amazed in this day and age people still travel to the USA without travel insurance.

mirror/news/us-new...-baby-19055884

Unbelievable!
no choice the country where I live doesn't offer insurance for pre-existing conditions under any circumstances.

Old 30 Aug 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
no choice the country where I live doesn't offer insurance for pre-existing conditions under any circumstances.
Where don’t u live?

I have annual cover to USA that covers pre existing conditions
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
From a quick skim read, the article says theyre british. Shes visiting family over there? Was she born in Britain?

All it mentions about anything is hazy. Theyre british they planned to have the baby in scunthorpe there they live.

I dunno if im just a sceptic but it feels like somethings missing.
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Where don’t u live?

I have annual cover to USA that covers pre existing conditions
I live in Belgium and none of the insurance companies do it.

America is not a popular choice for Belgians. UK insurance companies won't insure me either.

Old 30 Aug 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=jas72;14046048]I live in Belgium and none of the insurance companies do it.

America is not a popular choice for Belgians. UK insurance companies won't insure me either.[/QUOTE

globelink/policy-o...insurance.html

pqe.citybond/frame/quo...el_Insura nce

Any good?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List