Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'm a size 18-20 and wear cotton skirts and tee shirts, using Bodyglide to avoid chub rub. I've got lymphoedema in my legs/feet and my legs are very swollen because of it. I look awful in shorts and I like to look half decent in the photos!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I wore 3/4 leggings,trainers and baggy t-shirt type tops.

Didn’t look amazing. Some photos are awful. Some ok.

BUT had an amazing time not gonna look back and think about how fat I am. Did worry about the plane seat and rides but no issues.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Im a 14 top and 16 bottoms but am only 5ft 2, I wear the same as dippiedawnie but did buy a few dresses for Greece. I got a few Bardot dresses and tops as they cover the tops of your arms but look summery. These trousers had a electric waist and were so comfy! Elastic waist not electric, electric would be good to shock you every time you eat too much!

Edited at 12:54 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Really does depend on what you mean by fat ! I tend to wear 3/4 length trousers and linen dresses from Next, sometimes put cotton shorts underneath,
I am probably 3 stone overweight and I have lost 1 stone so far. Even in 6 weeks you could manage to lose a stone. Don’t worry about it and let it spoil your holiday though. You will see people over there who are much bigger I’m sure.
!
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
I’ve just got back and wore Dorothy Perkins denim knee length shorts, 3/4 cargo trousers and knee length shorts in various colours from Maine at Debenhams.
On top I wore various Disney / Star Wars t-shirts mainly from Primark, Uniqlo, EMP and Asda.
Did feel hot most of the time but thats Florida in August!
When I was slimmer (but still self conscious) I wore a lot of sports branded shorts to the knee with t-shirts.
There are all shapes and sizes there - I saw lots of larger ladies in quite skimpy outfits. Nobody cares.

Edited at 01:23 PM. Reason: Add info
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I have got clothes in 16/18/20 in my wardrobe and wear all three sizes depending on circumstances and fat days !
It’s easy to say don’t worry but I do understand how you feel .
I wear longer length shorts , or cropped trousers.. I like Asda ones some of them are elastic waisted .
I buy clothes ( usually next) off EBay loads of people sell off their once worn summer stuff on there so you don’t need to spend a fortune.
Next linen dresses are lovely and come in stacks of colours .
I wear fit flops, flip flops and sometimes sketchers ballet shoes .
Talc , lots of water to drink a paper fan and a cooling flannel will help you out in the parks .
At night rest your legs on a pillow to help if your legs get swollen body shop peppermint leg cooling gel is wonderful stuff .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Im a 14 top and 16 bottoms but am only 5ft 2, I wear the same as dippiedawnie but did buy a few dresses for Greece. I got a few Bardot dresses and tops as they cover the tops of your arms but look summery. These trousers had a electric waist and were so comfy! Elastic waist not electric, electric would be good to shock you every time you eat too much!
Sandra ... I love those trousers !
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Sandra ... I love those trousers !
Dorothy Perkins!
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

A bit extreme but you could try exante vlcd diet and get about 2 stone off in 6 weeks - not for everyone but if you are determined you could do it - it would go back on quickly but if would get you a chunk off before you go x
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I am a 20/22 and probably at my largest. I was a bit worried this summer but as soon as I got there I forgot about it. Yes I was hot and sweaty but so was everyone else.

Get some clothes that fit so you are comfortable and look around at all the larger sizes people having the time of their lives.
I mostly wore some denim shorts I bought in Walmart which where soft stretchy and very comfortable and a longer length t shirt.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List