Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Dec 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I think four days Universal and ten at Disney would be absolutely doable in terms of time, although I would want express pass at Universal.

That said, I usually do one or the other though as I don’t like doubling up on 14 day tickets for each that I can’t get the use out of. Next year it will probably be just Disney but after that I think we will do a week at universal with one After Hours event at Disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
Also can you get day tickets for Disney then if you are mostly doing universal..?
Rather than a day ticket when you are mostly a universal, I would look into After Dark tickets. You will be allowed into the park three hours before closing time and will get fast passes for during those three hours. Then you will be one of a very small number of people in the parks for another three hours. You will get more done in that three hours than you would if you were there the whole day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

do you know when you may return the following year? if within 12 months then consider an annual pass for universal. 4 different levels some with blockout dates. rumour has it that there may also be a deal in January of free months added on.

how do they feel about Disney, other than star wars? there are other parks with big rides - seaworld and busch gardens
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Rather than a day ticket when you are mostly a universal, I would look into After Dark tickets. You will be allowed into the park three hours before closing time and will get fast passes for during those three hours. Then you will be one of a very small number of people in the parks for another three hours. You will get more done in that three hours than you would if you were there the whole day.
Thank you for that. I would have thought of doing it that way. :-)
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
do you know when you may return the following year? if within 12 months then consider an annual pass for universal. 4 different levels some with blockout dates. rumour has it that there may also be a deal in January of free months added on.

how do they feel about Disney, other than star wars? there are other parks with big rides - seaworld and busch gardens
Well just going by what I have read September seems a fairly good time to go crowd level wise so at the moment I am thinking then.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think four days Universal and ten at Disney would be absolutely doable in terms of time, although I would want express pass at Universal.

That said, I usually do one or the other though as I don’t like doubling up on 14 day tickets for each that I can’t get the use out of. Next year it will probably be just Disney but after that I think we will do a week at universal with one After Hours event at Disney.
Express pass. Any idea how much that is?.
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
Express pass. Any idea how much that is?.
you can price them up on the universal site - there are 2 types but consider a night at the premium hotel as you get 2 days of express passes included which may be cheaper
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Also Halloween Horror Nights start in September at Universal if your sons like that sort of thing. We love it.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would skip universal first trip. There are so many things to do at disney you will be so busy with just that. We have been 4 times now first trip 3 weeks seaworld, disney, beach. Second trip 3 weeks disney, beach universal. Third trip just disney 16 days and 4th disney and seaworld, 3 weeks. Heading back next year to just do universal. If you will go again, get value for your disney tickets and plan universal for next trip.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Myself and DD do Disney one year then Universal and Another park the next year. As you say the prices for park tickets are getting expensive. It also makes for different holidays.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List