Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Xbox changes son's personality

My 20 year old son is a very respectful, mild mannered character. He would not dream of swearing in front of me. However put a wall between us and sit him in front of his Xbox playing Fifa and it's another story. I don't know if he thinks I can't hear him or he is so engrossed in the game that he forgets. Anyhow I don't really care what the cause is. If I hear him one more time I am going to cut off his power supply! To be fair to him I sent him a text 5 minutes ago and he apologised and went quiet.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

My neices son threw the control through the tv playing fortnite, like a kid possessed
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

To be honest, I'm almost certain I was the same 10 years ago (I'm 30 this year), and I don't think you'll be able to stop it.

I assume you're just here to rant about it, but teens will be teens I guess?
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband is 34 and he’s the same. I can be in the bath or in bed and I can hear him effing and jeffing at his console. He actually woke me up at midnight one night with it, even though he was downstairs and I was upstairs in bed, and I completely lost my head with him. It drives me completely insane. We’re looking to move house and I would LOVE to find a house with a garage, detached from the house, which has a lounge/den of sorts above. He’d be relegated to that space for his games and I could enjoy my house in peace.
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

My son is like this, I ripped it out and put it in my car boot Saturday.
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Yes I'm just having a rant, I'm sure there are worse things he could be doing. If it is going to continue until he is in his thirties though I hope I can marry him off pretty soon. The garage idea is a good one although it is full of junk at the moment and I suspect it is very cold. To be fair to him he has been quiet since I sent him the text.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

My 14 year old was like that playing Fortnite. After a few warnings and temporary bans we ended up banning him from that game altogether. Best decision we ever made.

Certainly there was a very long tantrum when we first did it, but our household is now a lot calmer and he comes off other games with no bother.
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Yes I'm just having a rant, I'm sure there are worse things he could be doing. If it is going to continue until he is in his thirties though I hope I can marry him off pretty soon. The garage idea is a good one although it is full of junk at the moment and I suspect it is very cold. To be fair to him he has been quiet since I sent him the text.
😂 I think part of the problem is the headphones they usually wear! They are having conversations with friends through them and don’t realise how loud they are!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

A story all parents can appreciate. My son (17 tomorrow!) is a sweet polite kid to us, but totally changes on his xbox fifa! I even heard him swear for the first time recently! OK Friends were shocked I had got this far (I am sweary Mary like a drunk sailor on leave...) but he is very respectful towards us. Worse than that is when he is making almost sex noises when gaming *cringe* and we have told him this!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I imagine most 20 year olds swear when they are talking to their friends. It’s just without the Xbox they’d be out of the house and you wouldn’t hear it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List