Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
It's the mess that people leave that makes me cross😠. I don't go to the cinema anymore, but I used to take a small bag with me for any rubbish. This was then put in a main bin in the cinema. I do the same when I go to the beach.
Used to love queing up during the interval to buy my snacks from the usherette when I was a child.
I worked in a cinema in my teens. You wouldn't believe the bomb site people would leave. It's like they literally bought food just to throw it on the floor. Whole things of popcorn everywhere, ice cream all over the carpets, sweet wrappers thrown everywhere which took an age to pick up. Complete slobs.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
It's the mess that people leave that makes me cross😠. I don't go to the cinema anymore, but I used to take a small bag with me for any rubbish. This was then put in a main bin in the cinema. I do the same when I go to the beach.
Used to love queing up during the interval to buy my snacks from the usherette when I was a child.
I always take my rubbish out with me to bin and so do my kids. We are always amazed by how people leave their seat. Same on planes
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

The Vue at the Lowry, actually say over the announcements to leave your rubbish on your table (they have swingy little tables attached to the chairs) when you leave, so they an sort for recycling. I hate the rustling... its constant, gone are the days that everyone appeared to be super conscious of making a noise and did it very occasionally... its like a constant hum of rattling for 2 hours... v frustrating.

Went a few weeks ago, and a women actually had a huge carrier bag with her, there were 4 of them, 2 adults and 2 teenagers... started dishing out snacks and bottles of drinks... but.. that was after she made a big thing about passing them all anti-bac wipes (they were huge) and they wiped everything down first.. felt like I was on a plane! It was slightly OCD.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Our local cinema turned into a delux one for all seating but they don’t care if you take your own food/drinks now.

You’ll get rude/inconsiderate people everywhere you go. As already mentioned, most with ‘noisy’ food would time when they eat it to coincide with noises on screen. We take jelly sweets/popcorn, stuff that’s not gonna bother anyone.

I agree the mess at the end by some people is ridiculous however in our two closest cinemas there are no communal bins and it’s also very easy for small kids to knock over big buckets of popcorn so some of the mess left is understandable.
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t mind food and drink, so much as phones! Like you’ve paid £10+ to be there, out the phone away, or if you ‘have’ to look at it turn the screen brightness right down or leave the screen - But for good red sake if something is going on that’s so important you can’t leave your phone for 90mins, why are you in a cinema screen?!? (Or worse the theatre)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cinemas is one thing but i think the discussion should also include theatres. True they dont sell hotdogs etc in the same way however noisy sweets and people getting up to get drinks is very distractive to both the audience and the actors.
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I do mind things like ketchup when it's been spilled on the seat by someone and you don't spot it when you sit on your seat 😳or the 5 gallons of coke that someone sat behind you has dropped on the floor and it runs down onto your bag and flip flopped feet 🙄 The phones though drive me to distraction, I seriously don't get why some people even go to the cinema as they don't seem to be able to just sit and watch the film.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
The smell of some of the food is stomach churning! What happened to the old days of Payne's Poppets? I still remember the advert "If you think she's a poppet buy her a poppet".
I bought some Poppets in Poundland, either they have changed or I have, they were so vile I really struggled to finish the pack.
I don’t know where they are made now , the factory in Croydon closed down some years ago.
My Mum went there as a temp and stayed for years ... my childhood sweets were pound bags of mis shapen poppets , peppermint and coffee creams from the staff shop. They definitely don’t taste the same now.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sw16 View Post
Cinemas is one thing but i think the discussion should also include theatres. True they dont sell hotdogs etc in the same way however noisy sweets and people getting up to get drinks is very distractive to both the audience and the actors.
We went to a theatre show where a group of middle aged tipsy women behind us spoilt the whole thing. They were talking through it, shouting out and kicking the seat of the poor girl next to us constantly. My hubby had to get involved between them and the girl as they were very rude to her when she asked them to stop kicking. Snobby comment alert but they were clearly more used to going out to the pub or bingo than the theatre and had no idea how to behave.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I remember many moons ago my best friend and I smuggling a Nando's into the cinema

Mind you, I always take my rubbish with me and turn my mobile off for the whole film, so I'm not that bad

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List