Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Feb 20, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
They said if it was available they should be able to add it for us, they did say that you now have to rebook as Disney have stopped allowing it just to be added afterwards, virgin told us the same.
Yes it is a Disney hotel.
Disney have never allowed free dining to be added on afterwards. To get free dining when booking with Disney, you have always needed to book when the free dining offer was on.

A TA might allow people to add it on, although effectively I would imagine they are rebooking without telling the customer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
OP it must have been a great price not to have waited a couple of months until FD is offered I'd be surprised if you need it & a few questions to ask yourself first:
1. Are you looking to have a sit down meal, onsite, for the majority of your holiday?
2. Do you want a dessert at everyone of those meals? That cost is factored into the price.
3.Are you happy to be planning from 6 months? Some ADRs are hard to get so whilst they say that you can always find somewhere to eat it's not always where you want to eat & at a time that suits.

I'd be requesting it in writing if OF have stated that they will add FD if released, last year there were a few who stated this the closer it got to release date as no-one was booking. The only other issue is that "they" can only give you FD on Hotels/Room types that Disney are doing the deal on, last year especially in the Deluxe cat, a lot of Standard type rooms disappeared.

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Have Ocean Florida actually told you free dining will be added if it's available? If not then you might want to ask them and if they say yes then get it in writing from them.
I've also been told they will add it onto my booking if it is offered, as long as the room & dates booked originally are the ones that are usually offered for free dining. I'm still a little wary but considering it!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Virgin said we would lose the deposit. Ocean florida said they would just rebook.
We booked early as 2021 is my 50th and my daughters 21st and we knew we wanted to go so waiting was not an option we booked as soon as we could.
Also Ocean Florida gave a good price.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
Virgin said we would lose the deposit. Ocean florida said they would just rebook.
We booked early as 2021 is my 50th and my daughters 21st and we knew we wanted to go so waiting was not an option we booked as soon as we could.
Also Ocean Florida gave a good price.
Have Ocean Florida told you in writing that they'll just rebook? If not ask them for it as if it comes down to it and you do have to rebook, if you don't have it in writing from them they may deny that they said it, it could end up being your word against theirs. One of my friends used to work for a travel agent and the things she told me about the tricks they pulled to get a booking were a real eye opener.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List