Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
Use of Fastpass (Dis) & Express (US) Question - Possible downside? + Early Admission to HP question

Hi,

We have booked some fastpasses and have Express but I'm wondering what attractions that this may actually work against. What I mean is in some of the attraction queues there is a lot to see and using these features that may mean missing out on a lot of some good stuff.

I know I can't use them on Harry Potter rides, so that'll not make a difference (did use single rider when did FJ ride, but will be doing normal queue).

Think is I'm thinking of some rides not done as yet.

Seven Dwarves (FP booked)
Flight of Passage (FP booked)
Expedition Everest (FP Booked)
King Kong
The Mummy (I've done this myself, but others haven't and sure I used the single rider)

There's a few I don't mind skipping that already done like Spider-Man, Transformers.

On the HP question, I'm hoping we make early admission, lol, but we do have to check out of HRH and stuff so not sure how that'll affect time, but if we do manage, are all rides in HP open? Haven't done Gringotts so that's the main one, and then would like to ride train, and then hopefully manage Forbidden Journey, but obviously don't see all them being done within that hour. But just wondering the best way to go about it or even if the hour does actually come into play on the HP attractions like Gringotts?

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The HP rides are now using Express pass.
Personally I don't mind missing queue stuff if it saves an hour so. Gringotts is worth seeing once as is FJ though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

We've just returned from universal, used express passes for all rides. To be honest you do see all the same things on gringotts, you just walk past it a bit faster! We still had up to 25 mins wait for this even with express pass but they do seem to load this one slowly. FJ mostly had a wait time of 15 mins, you can easily do this using the normal queue and then re-ride quickly with express, might as well ride it a few times so you don't have to suffer the locker room as many times! I'm not sure how much of the kong stuff we didn't see, tbh it was sooooo hot it was just a relief to be in the shade and underground in the express queue so couldn't have cared less what we were missing, also good for when it was raining. Again with the mummy this is one of our favourite rides so we're just happy to ride it five times rather than queue. At Disney you have your FP booked so I would just use them and if you want to queue again you can.
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks.

FD
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Same experience for us a week ago (onsite Universal express). FJ was a walk on with express pass but Gringotts was half an hour even with the express pass and standby looked considerably worse. Having done FOP a few days before Gringotts wasn't terribly impressive either (in terms of sharpness of images). If you do FOP at the beginning of your holiday you do realise how quickly a ride can go from being OMG jaw dropping state of the art to looking a bit dated! Our expectations will get higher and higher.
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If the regular queue is just 20 minutes or so, then some of the distractions in the queue can be quite interesting. However, in my view, even the most wonderful bit of theming in the queue wouldn't make up for having to queue for an hour or more. The stuff in the queue is there just to make the long wait slightly more bearable rather than being an attraction in itself (the Jimmy Fallon ride at Universal might be the only exception to this).

I don't think any of the queues of the rides you've listed are worth queuing a long time for (if you see what I mean).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Agree with Nimbus.

One day I'll go through the FoP queue to see the animatronic. But I've seen enough pictures/videos of it from people willing to queue hours. Nothing else is worth significant time for, I'd FP every ride if I could.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks all.

FD