Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cinders
VIP Dibber

cinders's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Just got back highs and lows

Hi

Got back today from a 2 week holiday - 3 nights in the HRH hotel, 2 nights in Animal Kingdom Lodge and 9 nights in Port Orleans French Quarter. The last 3 days the temperature really dropped and was cold, had a few hours of sun late afternoon, even the cast members at the turnstiles had coats on.

Highs

Thomson dreamliner and premium - just brilliant, everything about it I prefer it to Virgin or Thomas Cook.
Sanford airport - way better than Orlando airport, friendlier, in and out in less than 30 mins after getting off the plane, on the way back just as quiet and quick
HRH is a beautiful hotel and club level was fab always plenty there to eat and drink.
Weather was glorious for the first 10 days and nights
Food and Wine festival - brill never seen it before but love to do it again
MNSSHP - great night, organised really well by disney

Lows

When I booked AKL direct with WDW I booked and paid for 3 savannah view rooms - we were a group of 9. When we arrived they only had 2 savannah views and one standard, despite all the paperwork and emails I had to say i had paid for 3 savannah view rooms it took over 2 hours to sort out at the desk which took a lot of time off our day and things we had planned, then the room myself and my daughter was in was in someone else's name and when I tried to get housekeeping to replenish my towels that again was a mission and took about an hour to sort out as bizarrely our room was not in my name

Last day - when we checked out of POFQ we were told our dining plan would work till midnight so off we went to Epcot to the world showcase to use up our snacks and QS credits around the food and wine festival. None of our bands worked and we only had 3 hours to spend round there. We went to Guest relations (waited in a massive queue ) who did something to our magic bands and told us they were now fine, off we went again to the World Showcase for them not to work again. They then gave us pin numbers for the cast members to put on the till and said this would work, so off we went again only for this still not to work. This resulted in a trip back to Guest relations which ultimately resulted in us getting gift cards with the remaining credits on but as this took so long we only had half an hour left of our 3 hour window before the taxi came to pick us up for the airport, so we spent our last day in Guest Relations.

Cant wait to go back though

Jules
Caribbean Beach Sept 04, Polynesian Hotel Sept 06, Dolphin Hotel Oct 07, Dibb Villa Aug 08, Animal Kingdom Hotel Aug 2012 Dibb Villa Aug 2014 POFQ 2016 RPR 2016 POFQ and HRH Oct 2017 POFQ and HRH June 2023
cinders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great trip!
Old 27 Oct 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SophieLou
Proud to wear my Ears

We got back last weekend and I've spent the weekend mooning around wanting to go back. It was so hot when we left that it's hard to imagine it cooling it down so suddenly! Did you find the parks any quieter in the last few days at all?
SophieLou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cinders
VIP Dibber

cinders's Reviews
Originally Posted by SophieLou View Post
We got back last weekend and I've spent the weekend mooning around wanting to go back. It was so hot when we left that it's hard to imagine it cooling it down so suddenly! Did you find the parks any quieter in the last few days at all?
Hi

The parks didn’t quieten down at all during our time there, the night before we left we went to MK it was absolutely rammed. 🌸
Caribbean Beach Sept 04, Polynesian Hotel Sept 06, Dolphin Hotel Oct 07, Dibb Villa Aug 08, Animal Kingdom Hotel Aug 2012 Dibb Villa Aug 2014 POFQ 2016 RPR 2016 POFQ and HRH Oct 2017 POFQ and HRH June 2023
cinders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
The parks were very busy, we headed home on 25th, think i did see the weather report looking on the low side bizarrely.

Was lovely although had a couple of rainy days, only 1 slightly cooler day at AK on 17th.

Absolute depressed being back now though, I love coming back home but it sinks in how much you miss it when you're back.

Also stayed at HRH, not at club level unfortunately, beautiful hotel. Only 1 night so didn't get the proper use out of it, but the ultimate passes were a blessing.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi Cinders,

Our last day was the same day as you... and we also spent most of it trying to use magic band that wouldn't work! We were very frustrated went to guest relations at hollywood studios who did their best for us ... went to Raglan Road for lunch but problem wasn't fixed... was then advised to go back to OKW to sort it out there... meaning that the kids missed out on a last promised visit to Goofy's candy store... wasn't how we had hoped our last day would be! And the temperatures ⛄️⛄️So cold in the evening ... we went to MK on wednesday night intending to stay for EMH but we were just too cold! Had an amazing holiday though just loved it 😀
Old 29 Oct 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had a great time but a shame about your magic bands.

We went last year 10th-24th October and the last couple of days the temperature dropped and it was quite chilly at night, this year we went 1st- 16th and it was so hot and humid, also agree about it being very busy
Old 30 Oct 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cinders
VIP Dibber

cinders's Reviews
Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Hi Cinders,

Our last day was the same day as you... and we also spent most of it trying to use magic band that wouldn't work! We were very frustrated went to guest relations at hollywood studios who did their best for us ... went to Raglan Road for lunch but problem wasn't fixed... was then advised to go back to OKW to sort it out there... meaning that the kids missed out on a last promised visit to Goofy's candy store... wasn't how we had hoped our last day would be! And the temperatures ⛄️⛄️So cold in the evening ... we went to MK on wednesday night intending to stay for EMH but we were just too cold! Had an amazing holiday though just loved it 😀
Hi Jools

How awful you had the same issue with the last day, glad you had an amazing holiday we did too
Old 30 Oct 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip, HRH is just such a fab hotel. Never done club level though. Shame about your issues with Disney both at AKL and on your last day.