Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel at Disney Hollywood Studios

A Star Wars vacation experience unlike anything Disney has ever created before will fully immerse guests in a galaxy far, far away when Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser debuts at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Exciting new details were shared Sunday live from D23 Expo 2019 by Bob Chapek, chairman of Walt Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Ann Morrow Johnson, executive producer and creative director for Walt Disney Imagineering.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will offer a two-night itinerary where all guests arrive and depart together, similar to Disney Cruise Line. Unlike any typical cruise, though, you can become the heroes of your own Star Wars story in a new type of immersive experience that only Disney could create.

You will cruise the galaxy in style aboard the Halcyon, known for its impeccable service and exotic destinations. Onboard, you will stay in well-appointed cabins, experience onboard dining, make a planet-side excursion to Black Spire Outpost on Batuu, and much more. Throughout the journey, you will be invited to delve deeper into your personal adventure by participating in onboard activities, interacting with characters, crew, other passengers you meet, and becoming part of the action and the broader Star Wars saga:
  • The adventure begins when you arrive at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World and check in for your two-night experience.
  • You will be invited to enter a Launch Pod for transport into space. Through windows above, you’ll see yourself leave the real world behind as you jump to hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the Halcyon.
  • When the Launch Pod docks with the Halcyon and the airlock opens, you will step into the ship’s main deck Atrium to begin your journey through a galaxy far, far away.
  • A visit aboard the Halcyon becomes a multi-day story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers, familiar Star Wars characters, and an excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
  • The all-immersive experience also features entertaining activities, such as:
    Wielding a lightsaber while facing off against a training remote, where you may discover your own connection with the Force.
  • Visiting the starcruiser’s Bridge to learn about ship systems and how to operate them, including navigation and defense – skills that may come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
  • Every window in the Halcyon – including those in each cabin – has a view of the galaxy beyond, with ever-changing vistas as the ship progresses from place to place.
  • You’ll be able to explore the Halcyon and perhaps discover hidden spaces deep in the mechanics of the ship – perfect for uncovering secrets … or holding secret meetings.
  • Choices you make during your adventure will help determine how your Star Wars story progresses.

Old 26 Aug 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Just make sure you sell a kidney, before booking, by the sounds of the expected cost of it!
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
On the face of it, it sounds fun. But after 48 solid hours of SW role-play I think I’d be scratching on the doors of an escape pod to return to something resembling normality (even by Florida standards)

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

I think it sounds too much! I guess some will love it though and it is still going to sell.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Gav View Post
I think it sounds too much! I guess some will love it though and it is still going to sell.
The question is who though?

As with Galaxy's Edge this isn't aimed at your average Star Wars fan as it is solely based around the sequels which, being honest, are now failing to grab many existing fans attention let alone hook in a new generation. Outside of Disney enthusiasts, youtubers and those with enough money to just give it a blast I can't really see the drive for your average fan to want to pay the money we expect this will cost. I'll be interested to see how demand is for this and when the discounts will no doubt start to be thrown at this to get more people on board.
DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well at a proposed $3300 per person for the two night experience it is extortionate.
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

This does seem a little too much to me, I am no expert but is there a large enough market of people that will want to travel all the way to Florida only to effectively lock themselves into a box with no windows for 2 nights and days?

There will always be some level of interest I guess, but long term I suspect this might just end up being a Star Wars themed hotel with the role play and set time element removed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by johnny1352 View Post
Well at a proposed $3300 per person for the two night experience it is extortionate.
Is that how much it's going to be?
Dear God the World has gone nuts.

I suspect for the first 6 months it will be full. Then the die hard fans will peter out and they may find they have a millstone around their necks.

However not for me to worry about as I have bigger fish to fry.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DJSwitch View Post
As with Galaxy's Edge this isn't aimed at your average Star Wars fan as it is solely based around the sequels which, being honest, are now failing to grab many existing fans attention let alone hook in a new generation.
The new films have been extremely successful (and profitable). The Force Awakens is the 4th highest movie of all time whilst The Last Jedi is currently 13th. There are lots of new fans and loads of interest on social media.

Whether those fans will want to pay the high price to stay at this hotel is another matter. It wouldn't make any difference if the hotel was set in the original trilogy's time-frame, it would still be a difficult sell.

But I don't think Disney is aiming this at the "average" fan. There are only a limited number of people with the money required to stay here so the average fan is not going to be able to afford it. They're not meant to - this exclusive experience is aimed at the well-off, like the expensive VIP tours. I suspect the hotel will have a relatively small number of rooms - I believe the rumours are that it will only have around 68 rooms.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:22 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Is that how much it's going to be?
Dear God the World has gone nuts.
There are other places onsite that cost just about as much (or more). I just did a quick check at how much it would be to stay at Copper Creak for 2 people next summer and it's around $2900 per person for 2 nights. And that doesn't include food and experiences. I assume some people must pay those prices otherwise why would Disney advertise them at that price?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List