Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Honest opinion, am I right to be annoyed?

So not sure if some of you saw my post over the weekend about purchasing a laptop for a last minute freelance job/project I had been offered, well I ended up purchasing the laptop on Monday, delivery was by next Tuesday which I was kind of disappointed with as was hoping to get it sooner, however to my surprise I had a text early this morning to say it would be delivered today between 09:49 and 13:49...

Anyway, I'm at work today, but I asked DS if she had any plans after dropping DS off at school, and she did not so I thought brilliant at least I'll get that today, and can get it all setup and start the project tonight, anyway DS text me about 11:00, saying she doesn't want anything that's in the house for lunch, so will be popping out and to say sorry if it comes whilst she's out. Low and behold it's come whilst she's out and now I have to rearrange delivery etc, now the reason I'm annoyed is because DS literally had no plans, we have plenty of food in the house, she knows when it's coming, and it doesn't interfere with school pick up, but she chose to go out for no reason after I asked if she'd wait in for it.

I'm sorry but she doesn't work, I've never made her work since DS was born, I look after them as best as I can, and now I asked for one thing and she just ignored it, I've literally booked days off work for her in the past to wait in for things if she was going to be out, or booked days off to have DS whilst she went out to do things (before he went to school).

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just feel the reason she went out knowing what's being delivered was ridiculous, urgh I'm so annoyed now, and just bought up all these feelings that I've had previously that everything I do is just taken for granted

Please be honest if you guys think I shouldn't feel angry, I can take it!

Edited at 02:04 PM.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’d be fuming... I thought you meant your DS was your DD, as it’s your wife I’m a little more concerned...
You say you haven’t “made” her work... surely it was a joint decision that she stay at home...
And you do all the shopping and make sure there’s enough food for you all... again I would expect the shopping to be a joint decision...
Are you on good terms or is this a battle in a bigger war?
Probably reading too much into this...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 03:02 PM.
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I think you are understandably annoyed, I would be too.

What I can’t work out is who DS is though? The female one, I assume the one going to school is son.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

I’d be annoyed, waiting until 13.45 to grab lunch is no drama, and she would have had time to grab something before the window opened after school run...

hopefully the couriers are easy to rearrange for tomorrow
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I'd be fuming too...

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think you are understandably annoyed, I would be too.

What I can’t work out is who DS is though? The female one, I assume the one going to school is son.
Oops I'm that annoyed I typed DS, I meant DW, DS is at school. Sorry DS didn't mean to be annoyed at you...
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I would be annoyed and I think you need to have a calm talk with her about how it makes you feel (being taken for granted).
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Yep me too I’d be very annoyed 😡could’ve made do with food in the house, bit selfish, you know what to do next time you’re needed then
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
I’d be annoyed, waiting until 13.45 to grab lunch is no drama, and she would have had time to grab something before the window opened after school run...

hopefully the couriers are easy to rearrange for tomorrow
That's what I thought! She doesn't have to be at shcool until 3:15, so plenty of time.

Well she's meeting friends tomorrow... , and I'm stuck at work so hoping I can rearrange for Saturday.
Old 28 Nov 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
That's what I thought! She doesn't have to be at shcool until 3:15, so plenty of time.

Well she's meeting friends tomorrow... , and I'm stuck at work so hoping I can rearrange for Saturday.
I would’ve had toast for lunch if need be!