Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Nov 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Go 2021 Value Hotel or 2022 Moderate

What would you do... Go to a Value Hotel, September 2021 or save longer and go to a moderate 2022, it would really help if the free dining plan was offered, but we shall see. I worry as our healths are not great now and I’m really not sure what to do. The other worry is my son 22 is autistic and very noise sensitive and not sure how noisy the Values really are. The minus to going in a September 2022, is another year longer to wait and as I said our healths not great. Please I would just like to no, what you would do in our situation. Thanks for any help
Old 28 Nov 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Personally I’d choose to go sooner. If you wanted free dining you can get the 1 x QS per day at value I believe.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Maze_Dazrol
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

The value hotels are no more or less noisy than moderate hotels, we have stayed at both and in terms of noise level can honestly say never noticed any difference.
Definitely go sooner rather than later
Maze_Dazrol is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We could afford to go each year, but we chose to go every 3 years with no holidays in between. There are 3 of us staying in okw with the free dining plan but we are flying upper class. This is coming in at a staggering £12000. This is in May next year, so it is a personal choice.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Thanks for your quick replies... I’m also so pleased to hear that the Values are no more, noises, than the moderates.
Old 28 Nov 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve stayed at moderates, values and deluxes. Stayed at All Star Sports in October this year and the building was very quiet, the pool was busy but that’s what swimming pools are supposed to be like. Food court was noisy but no different to french quarter or Caribbean beach. We actually changed our Yacht Club booking for net year to Sports as we really enjoyed our stay this year.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I’m so pleased to hear the positive, vibes, my only worry about All Star Sports is I’ve heard they can get a lot of groups eg cheerleaders in competitions, any ideas if this is the case for September.
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
StarlingFlight
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We stayed at Caribbean Beach on our last visit and we ended up in an adjoining room with a family who had the most loud and obnoxious tweenager I have ever had the displeasure to witness. The kid kept us awake until gone to 2AM most nights. In March we will be staying at All Stars and it would not be possible for us to experience a worse noise problem.
StarlingFlight is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
I’m so pleased to hear the positive, vibes, my only worry about All Star Sports is I’ve heard they can get a lot of groups eg cheerleaders in competitions, any ideas if this is the case for September.
I stayed in All Star Music in November last year and there were 3 big groups of teenagers all in different marching bands. They stood out as they all had the same t-shirts. To be honest you wouldn’t have know they were there, they were well behaved, really polite, and not noisy at all, it was only in the morning at breakfast I got the idea of how many were there as they all hit breakfast at the same time.

We found on busy days, to just grab some breakfast/dinner and head back to the room, as they let you take the trays, so perhaps that’s an option if you wanted to avoid the busy times.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't discount values due to big groups staying there as it has been known for CBR and CSR to both also host the large sports groups.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List