Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Jan 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Change to dining credits

Reports from what I’ve just read ( simple google will find it ) that dining credits are today showing as children’s and adults and not just as a credit so you can no longer pool credits to use for example a signature with the children’s ones . It won’t affect us but may affect some families going this year or change the way you use them and pay oop as sone have in The past to utilise credits.
The same will apply for qs , probably to stop alcohol and pricing differences.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Table service credits have always been split between children and adults on the standard DDP.

Today’s change affects QS meals and the deluxe dining plan only.

It was always a loophole rather than entitlement anyway.

The way around it is to pay the £20 cost to upgrade your child’s ticket to an adult one and then you will get adult credits.

(Of course if you’ve paid to upgrade your free dining entitlement to a higher rated plan, then you will also need to pay the cost to upgrade that from child to adult too which may make it not financially viable. There are also reports that some of the bigger TAs like virgin and tui are not able to upgrade child’s tickets to adults)
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Does anyone know if they have stopped the Deluxe plan being used to ‘buy’ guests meals.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

As far as I know you can still use credits to gift others meals. Obviously now adult credits for adult meals and kids for kids
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I can’t say I’m surprised. Particularly people on the deluxe plan using kids credits for extra table service meals. That’s an expensive loophole. It seems inevitable it would be closed.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
As far as I know you can still use credits to gift others meals. Obviously now adult credits for adult meals and kids for kids

Thanks

Luckily we are having to get all adult meals next holiday. We normally would have had the plan on room with 2A & 1C but next booking will be on room with only 2A.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

When we bought the deluxe dining plan there was no requirement to upgrade my daughter to a adult ticket to allow her to choose from the adult menu and now there is. This wasn’t a loop hole but something I booked and paid for and expected. I am going to be pretty angry if this is the now the case as upgrading her to adult plan isn’t going to be just £20 is it like it is with included regular free dining.

Very annoyed phone call is going to be made if this is office announced. They can’t just change such a fundamental thing. I think I might be asking for a free upgrade or a refund. I upgraded based on the fact credit are not split on deluxe dining and never have been. It’s part of the offering not a loop hole.

Edited at 12:45 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Every description of the dining plan I have ever read states guests 3-9 must order from the child’s menu where available.

They didn’t enforce it but it was always stated. This is the 2017 brochure.
wdpromedia.disney.go/med...ining-plan.pdf

Edited at 12:47 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
When we bought the deluxe dining plan there was no requirement to upgrade my daughter to a adult ticket to allow her to choose from the adult menu and now there is. This wasn’t a loop hole but something I booked and paid for and expected. I am going to be pretty angry if this is the now the case as upgrading her to adult plan isn’t going to be just £20 is it like it is with included regular free dining.

Very annoyed phone call is going to be made if this is office announced. They can’t just change such a fundamental thing. I think I might be asking for a free upgrade or a refund. I upgraded based on the fact credit are not split on deluxe dining and never have been. It’s part of the offering not a loop hole.
I am baffled as to why you think you should be able to have a much cheaper child’s dining plan yet order from the much more expensive adult menu.

I have had deluxe dining plan twice and, although not relevant to me, I have never seen it mentioned in the offering that those on a child plan can select from the adult menu.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Every description of the dining plan I have ever read states guests 3-9 must order from the child’s menu where available.

They didn’t enforce it but it was always stated.
I think you may be correct but if you phone and ask for a price to upgrade you are told there is no need as the credits are pooled which has got my goat some what

Anyway, Disney customer service is ace. I’ll get a satisfactory resolution.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List