Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Jan 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile Signature dining

I’ve been looking at signature dining and despite staying at BC fancy narcoossee’s and I was wondering how strict the dress code is.
I will have dresses and sandals but for my husband and my 15 year old son I never take anything more dressy than smart shorts, polo shirts and nice trainers. I’m assuming it has to be smarter than that?
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff
VIP Dibber

Dress Code

Guests are asked to adhere to the suggested dress code at this Signature Dining experience. Dressier attire is also welcome. Please explore the minimum dress code requirements:

Men’s suggested dress is khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Jackets are optional.

Women’s suggested dress is capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and T-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

In reality smart shorts and polos will probably been fine, however I would consider throwing in a pair of chinos
Griff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

the only place where dress code is strictly enforced is victoria&albert's

other signature restaurant will welcome park attire, as long as you don't wear tank tops, torn clothes, or open shoes

I have made quite a few signature meals (narcoossee, artist point, california grill, jiko, le cellier, to name a few)

I can't be bothered to have a special wardrobe for evening out, so I'm merely dressed as I would be in the parks maybe a bit smarter but not too excessive (so does DW)

I have done those restaurants wearing cargo shorts (denim mostly), T-shirt (plain, not big fancy logoed) or polos or even a shirt if I've packed one, and as far as shoes, they were my regular Van's or Skechers
DW would wear a denim capri, and a nice top, as well as skechers

we keep it very simple

signatures inside the parks will definitely not enforce a dress code that goes beyond park attire, as long as you don't show up with a swimsuit showing underneath a transparent, fishnet, top

at hotels, you might want to be dressed a bit smarter, just to fit the atmosphere, but if you show up in smart shorts and a polo or a nice t-shirt like I described above, no one will even mention it.

Edited at 03:00 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

One of our favourite restaurant and hubby wears smart shorts and polo
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I don’t think there is anything wrong with smart shorts and a polo. I would not let my husband go to Narcoossee’s in trainers however, he always brings a pair of shoes for smarter dinners. I am not suggesting he wouldn’t get in with trainers, I just would prefer he didn’t.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm not sure how "bad" you would need to be to be refused entry! But certainly witnessed vests,shorts,trainers,flip flops & baseball caps at Cali Grill & Flying Fish
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone that’s great. Just got to work our the logistics of when now as finding it hard fitting everything we want to do in 9 nights!