Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Paul__
New Poster (5)

Twin Seats BA 777

Hi!

Sorry if this has been answered already. We are flying out of Gatwick to Orlando in October on a British Airways 777.

We are thinking about booking the twin seats but have been trying to confirm if...

The back row fully reclines?

The first row of 2 is out of alignment with the row in front?

Thanks in advance!
Paul__ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
There is a recent comment on seat guru from someone that sat in 39A. Although they said the seat was comfortable and did recline, the 'odour' from the toilets was pretty bad
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

We've booked a 'pair' of seats at the back for the past few years and have them again for our March trip. Can't comment on the rearmost seats as we normally have the front pair. I find the extra room more comfortable, there is storage room between the seat and the window and the outside seat is more in line with the middle seat of the row in front making it easier for me to get in and out with a dodgy hip and knee. We've never ever had a problem with toilet smells but that can happen on any flight. The seats are a bit of an extravagance (thanks BA!) but we prefer them.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We sat in those seats to Barbados in October the front ones and had no problem with alignment or smells from the toilet. Booked those eaxact seats for Orlando in July 42,43 A&B
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The last 2 seats do recline, my husband had those 2 seats to himself on our flight home in September and he said they did fully recline.
The first 2 are slightly out of alignment but you just have a bit more room to the side of you

We always try and book the rows of 2 at the back, most of the time we’ve been served first with food and we’ve never had a problem with the toilets
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We've had the back 2 going out before ages ago and we liked them (Sorry we don't like reclinig so I couldn't tell you about that)

We've booked various of these pairs of seats for our trips in March and in September - out and back both trips. Some the back pair, then middle then front pair.
There's just hubby and me on these trips so ideal, and we've had similar seats on Emirates and other airlines which we've always liked

I think the first 'pair' is out of alignment, footwell wise, according to SeatGuru, but you have more space at the window side
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

I"ve used the twin seats on both 777 and 747 with BA, found them to be very good, full recline and a bit more space.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Paul__
New Poster (5)

Mobile

Thanks for the info everyone. Think we will go for the back row so we can just recline and not worry about anyone behind us 😊
Old 25 Jan 20, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Paul__
New Poster (5)

Mobile

I’ve been looking at other threads on here too. Can anyone confirm if row 44 a & b are always reserved for crew?

Last year we noticed these had a curtain round them when we sat near by and other members suggest crew uses these too?

They’re not available to book so I’m curious.
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
I’ve been looking at other threads on here too. Can anyone confirm if row 44 a & b are always reserved for crew?

Last year we noticed these had a curtain round them when we sat near by and other members suggest crew uses these too?

They’re not available to book so I’m curious.
They're also not available on our outbound and inbound flights.. so I was also wondering if they're always reserved.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List