Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Feb 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Flights just released when will they be more realistic ?

If flights have just been released and are silly prices ,how long after release are they ..say ...more normal prices
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
If flights have just been released and are silly prices ,how long after release are they ..say ...more normal prices
I usually find 2 days after release date they at their cheapest.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I think 4-6 months out from date of flying.

Just remember to clear your cookies regularly.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I dont think there is an answer to this unfortunately. We have regularly seen the best prices on release day/. But have also seen good prices at many other times.
All you can do is set a price you will pay - and check regularly. But you need to be prepared for 1) Them not hitting your price and 2) They might reduce after you buy so never check after booking.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

We bought our Virgin Atlantic flights in the September sale for less than half the price they were on release (towards the end of the sale, rather than the first few days). I had tracked prices the previous year and the same was true (having booked early with Thomas Cook Airlines, I really was just tracking out of interest). This was, however, just days before the collapse of Thomas Cook, so it's possible that Manchester price will not repeat the same pattern this year.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
robby-99
Very Serious Dibber

Let's be realistic though. If you were Virgin running the only direct service from Manchester to Orlando would you feel the need to drop the prices? You may have Tui running to Sanford but you don't have any competition direct into MCO.
robby-99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
Just remember to clear your cookies regularly.
Makes no difference at all . Prices can change minute-to-minute based on a variety of factors:
-past bookings
-demand for particular dates
-remaining available seats
-remaining fare class
-probability of selling to capacity later
etc.

You find prices change even if you're connecting using a VPN or browsing incognito.

But a lot of people still do this.

Skyscanner have come out and said this doesn't happen <here>.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Just to add... I booked our flights on day of release. I’ve checked every week since then and they have never been as cheap as we got them for. They’re actually £800+ in total dearer now than what we paid (family of 4, fly drive in August).

If you see a price you’re happy with, book it there and then...
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Unfortunately as you can see by all the answers, there’s no magic formula. It’s a case of having a price you are happy with and constantly checking until you get the price you want. Sometimes they drop further after you’ve booked them, sometimes they go up, hence why I think it’s important I have a price you are happy with to avoid the “I should have waited longer” thought int your mind if they go down. If you are happy with a price, you are happy with it.

Personally is found the best time is around 2-4 months after they are released, but as said it’s basically supply and demand based on how many seats are booked on a particular flight and how desperate they are to sell the rest.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I think it can depend on the airline, some are the best price on release and don’t come down again until a sale and others drop the price slightly once the next dates are released.

I have found that United Airlines usually drop the price slightly once the flights for the next complete week are released.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List