Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Feb 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Yeah, I’ve seen this rumour (I assume it’s a rumour until official confirmed?) doing the rounds on Facebook.

Just to clarify if it’s not clear what the difference is...

Quick Service DP: 2 QS credits per night
Regular DP: 1 TS credit, 1 QS credit per night
DP Plus: 2 TS credits per night
Deluxe DP: 3 TS credits per night

...plus 2 snack credits and a refillable resort mug.

As far as I’m aware, a TS credit has always been useable as a QS credit - so you can use TS credits to get either TS meals or QS meals as you like.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Be interested to see what the price will be and if offered later this year (that's if they do any offers)
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds perfect! We're waiting hopefully for the free dining offer for 2021 (what other holiday requires 18 months of planning)! Be interesting to see where this fits in. We loved DDP, but struggled to spend all the QS credits and would have loved to convert some to TS. I could see us using this to do more signatures.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Always stayed off site until our last visit which was on site at OKW with DDP so will be interesting to see what the price is as also looking to book for 2021 & definitely preferred being on site but as already mentioned struggled to spend all the QS points.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just to clarify if it’s not clear what the difference is...

Quick Service DP: 2 QS credits per night
Regular DP: 1 TS credit, 1 QS credit per night
DP Plus: 2 TS credits per night
Deluxe DP: 3 TS credits per night

...plus 2 snack credits and a refillable resort mug.

As far as I’m aware, a TS credit has always been useable as a QS credit - so you can use TS credits to get either TS meals or QS meals as you like.
Actually, that's a good point and you are very right (as usual )
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I’ve never stayed on site. Is the DDP good value? It appears handy but does it tie you down a bit? Is it worth considering?
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You are not tied down any more than you choose to be. I plan my ADRs in advance but I am wasting my time as I change the majority of them on the day anyway. There is always plenty of availability for same day bookings, even popular places, I have just looked and could get into the hardest ADR to get, California Grill brunch, this morning if I wanted to.

The value question is a bit harder to answer, I think “it depends” comes into it. You could certainly get value out of the dining plan if you wanted lots of expensive character meals, steaks and lobster. On the other hand, if you did not buy a plan, then you might eat differently, go offsite, have cereal in room etc and end up spending less than the plan would cost. I think the plan itself, is priced about right for somebody that wants exactly what it offers.
Time of year has a big influence on how easy it is to rearrange ADRs plus how flexible you can be in time plus party size.

September through to Christmas is a lot harder to get ADRs than summer.

Value if you are paying is easier if you have kids as the plan is cheap compared to the price of the character meals - so doing those makes it easy. Once you have a ten year old it gets harder.

If you eat the way the plan is designed exactly it can be good - but for longer trips most of us Brits go offsite for a least a couple of days making it harder to get that value.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
donna1974
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile New disney dining plus option coming?

wdwnt/2020/02/new-disney...g-february-27/
Just seen this for anyone planning disney dining for their holiday
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

If it’s to start in 2020 there may not be additional charge as 2020 has already been sold ?
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I wonder if they will still offer the free dining plan. I think this is really good and Thanks so much for posting this information.
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Sounds interesting but I have no idea how they will structure the pricing on that as for people who want just QS I imagine the price will be hiked up as effectively you could have DDP on this package too.