Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Feb 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Just a wondering I've had for a while - does anyone know why this wait for this ride is always so long?

We went on it last year with our 3 year old - think we waited close to 90/100 mins (would never wait that long normally) as he is a wee daredevil & we were restricted really to what thrill rides he could go on due to his height, naturally. Luckily he was great in the queue and didn't really moan

But the ride was just OK, nothing spectacular so makes me wonder why its so busy all the time? If it was new I'd get it but it's been around for years.

Maybe answered my own question by saying it's 1 of the only few big-ish rides the youngsters can get on? x
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It may not be new but it's still the newest ride in MK! Also it's capacity isn't very high compared to some other rides. Plus as you say, it's a good 1st coaster for little kids who are too small to ride BTM etc
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

the trains only hold 20 punters at a time so isnt a massive throughput

i asked a staff member last viti
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
the trains only hold 20 punters at a time so isnt a massive throughput

i asked a staff member last viti
I'm guessing this is one of the biggest issues with the long queues, it has always amazed me that Disney decided to put so few passengers on at a time with Seven Dwarfs. Everest holds around 34 passengers on each train, which is a BIG difference.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I actually really love it- I know its short and not as thrilling as others but I love the mine part of it. I think its a combination of relative newness, height restrictions being less and low capacity. its also quite central in the park in fantasy land. So prob higher thoroughfare.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm a wuss and not into thrill rides - Splash Mountain is my limit - and this is perfect for me plus I love the section inside the mine. It's fun watching the video back too
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

agree, i bagged fp for this in 2018 when queues were hours long and had no idea what the fuss was about.
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I waited over an hour the first time I rode this. I was disappointed when I got off it's definitely not worth the wait.

The throughput is very low on this ride which doesn't help the queues.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Not worth the wait in my opinion. It's ok with decent effects... but Big Thunder Mountain much much better.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WDWMAD View Post
I'm guessing this is one of the biggest issues with the long queues, it has always amazed me that Disney decided to put so few passengers on at a time with Seven Dwarfs. Everest holds around 34 passengers on each train, which is a BIG difference.
suppose as its built in quite a small footprint there is a limit on how big/long the trains can be
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List