Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Nov 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I think I may be past it by the time any grandchildren appear - certainly no sign of any arriving anytime soon. I don’t feel I’m missing out though...
I remember telling my mum that I felt guilty that because I didn’t want children that she wasn’t having any grandkids by me. She said the most surprising thing to me. She told me that that wasn’t a good enough reason to have them, just to give them grandkids. I was very taken aback by her honesty to me and it really helped me get over my guilt. ( please don’t think I’m assuming anything about you here, it just reminded me of this ).
Going forward my brother and his wife started their family when she was 30 and now my parents have 2 gorgeous boys and a beautiful girl who I love dearly.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I remember telling my mum that I felt guilty that because I didn’t want children that she wasn’t having any grandkids by me. She said the most surprising thing to me. She told me that that wasn’t a good enough reason to have them, just to give them grandkids. I was very taken aback by her honesty to me and it really helped me get over my guilt. ( please don’t think I’m assuming anything about you here, it just reminded me of this ).
Going forward my brother and his wife started their family when she was 30 and now my parents have 2 gorgeous boys and a beautiful girl who I love dearly.
I’m not concerned at all, our children have their own lives to lead, what will be, will be. 3rd attempt at wedding planned for next year now... my elder brother has 4 grandchildren and tells me often what a joy they are ... I’ll see

Edited at 05:46 PM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

One of the troubles with media/politicians is they forget us old wrinklies have a vote and the majority of us remember how we are treated when it comes to election time.
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Sue
We are lucky one stays with us and we provide essential child care for the other 2 pre schoolers
We have older relatives with us right now and the kids have certainly kept them going and given them a new lease on life
The only time the sit in a rocking chair is when they are telling the kids stories and only cause the kids insist
You are very lucky Helen. Mine are mostly older than most of yours, ranging from 23 - 5.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
You are very lucky Helen. Mine are mostly older than most of yours, ranging from 23 - 5.
But you are a glamorous gran and you would never guess you had adult grandchildren
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
But you are a glamorous gran and you would never guess you had adult grandchildren
Thank you but I certainly don't feel it. X
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue
I have a step grandson age 24 and a step great grandson age 10 the 25 year old gets the occasional dirty look when he calls me Grandma
So mine go 25 to 7 months
Yes we are a very very diverse family
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List