Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jan 15, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wedding without a reception?

Who has had a wedding (other than at the county courthouse) without a reception? There's only going to be us, our son and a friend, and we'd like something a bit more romantic than the courthouse, but it seems the majority of venues only do wedding/reception packages which really don't suit. I don't really want to spend a fortune either if I can help it, it's my second time and my man's not interested in a big fuss either so we both want to keep it quiet.

Granted I've only been looking for a few days but can anyone advise me what's around? I've seen "officiating only" but I'm not sure quite how that works with venues - can you just pick a spot and get married there? I'm not certain how it works so advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 15, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have a look at my trippie below & you will find the details for the company we used.
Very welcoming & friendly & will perform a ceremony anywhere aslong as you have the land owners permission (some parks you have to pay a fee, could have on your balcony, in the hotel or villa grounds etc)
Highly recommended as they are a family business and made us feel so relaxed
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 15, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of options for ceremony only. Memories package at Disney. Just Marry for the Swan and Dolphin. Sensational Ceremonies for the balloon at DTD. Carrie at Destination Occasion for lots of other venues and also Helen at Elegant Weddings.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 15, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi we wanted something relaxing, intimate and simple. There were the two of us plus two daughters. We got married in a hot air ballooon over orlando.

It was fabulous. It was simple to organise, suited our numbers and was a little different.

We met the crew at about 6 am. The balloon basket was trimmed up and we were taken to our departure point which was a beautiful house in its own grounds. All 4 of us flew. We were in the air about an hour with the service half way brought. The pilot married us

We had champagne on landing and then went back for a wedding breakfast.

We had flowers, cake, photos.

I guess everything was over by about 11.30 ( can't really remember)

In the afternoon we swam and snoozed. In the evening we chose to go for a meal at the Cheesecake Factory as that's our favourite. And we finished the day with a wishes cruise.

Fantastic. Not sure if it's what you are looking for but it's an option.

Happy planning x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 15, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Don't forget the beach.sunkissedweddings
Old 29 Jan 15, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

We eloped and got Married on the terrace above the Hard Rock Cafe outside the John Lennon Suite. It was only a 1 hour booking and we didn't have to have a reception.

We had lunch in the cafe (we didn't have to, we chose to), then walked back to the Hard Rock Hotel and spent the afternoon by the pool. We took the kids to see the Blue Man Group in the evening.

Also, DollyJoJo above is a friend of mine and her wedding photos are truly amazing!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cumbrian lakes
Apprentice Imagineer

Daughter got married at Leu Gardens. There is different places you can have your ceremony. She picked the gazebo. Think it was $250 and $125 for the officiant. There is plenty of places for photos there.

Barbara
cumbrian lakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 15, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

We are getting married in a place called secret garden weddings Orlando.

Prices start from $150 for their elopement package or $300 dollars if you want pics, price covers bride and groom and any guests are extra $15 each

intimategardenweddings
Old 2 Feb 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for the replies, we've decided to get married on Daytona beach, found a lovely lady called Lora Lynne who arranges quiet beach weddings and we've discussed what we want. All arranged, now all I need to do is find a frock lol

Roll on August 21st!

Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread