Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Jan 15, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Awwhh Amanda, I feel so bad for you that things didnt go to plan... but you know what... you and Andy will laugh about it for years to come, cause thats life... sometimes it just doesnt go to plan, but you both have wonderful memories...congratulations... oh and I would really like to pick a fight with the gobby #### on the Boardwalk...hmmmm

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Congratulations to you both, Mr & Mrs Anderson.
You looked beautiful Amanda and Andy scrubs up well
Your ceremony sounds lovely. It's shame the weather wasn't beautiful for you but as others have said - rain is supposed to be very lucky
Your pictures are beautiful - I like the arty shots and love the ones where you are giggling about mini disasters. These are all moments to treasure.
As for the nasty comment - it was mean and spiteful and it's a shame that wedding party weren't focusing on their moments rather than commenting on yours!
xx

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My wedding day was far far far worse i can assure you. I would swap my day for yours in an instant! You've got lovely photos
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Hi Amanda, I really think you worried unnecessarily about your photos as they're great. The chapel ones in particular are fantastic! I love the fact that it was such an intimate service and would have swapped my wedding day with yours in a heartbeat, to avoid all the unnecessary arguments that went on. We went along with what both families wanted for the sake of a quiet life, rather than doing what we wanted - that definitely wouldn't happen now!

I had a bit of a giggle regarding the Barbara Windsor/Judy Finnegan comment - I had a similar wardrobe malfunction at my wedding. In the mirror before I left the house it was perfect, but in the photos where I'm signing the register and in the car afterwards, I was positively spilling out.

Am completely taken aback at the horrible comment you received and feel so angry on your behalf! :angry: Why do people think they have the right to pass comments like that, whether their intention was for you to hear it or not? Am so sorry that it upset you, but glad that Andy was able to cheer you up.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Congratulations again.

Unfortunately no wedding is perfect even those abroad.

You both look incredibly happy at being married, you both looked gorgeous and excuse my language but sod that miserable xxxxxx with the I'll mannered and mean spirited comment. I think it says more about him than you and your lovely wedding.

I think it takes guts and a certain kind of person to stick to what you want for your wedding and good on you for doing it your way. (We did it our way too!... And not without similar comments). We had things go wrong too but most of them are a distant memory now and we only remember the good stuff.

Congratulations again! Lucky lovely married peeps! Xxx
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Congratulations! !

What an amazing day to read about, you looked absolutely stunning!

I really feel for you with the cold weather and genuinely cannot believe the comment about weddings on the cheap Im 100% sure that was meant as a joke but they must know someone could take it to heart, especially on such an emotional day. Shame on them!

I think the photos are gorgeous but i guess i can understand your frustration if some were blurry to begin with, the b&w finish makes them look extra beautiful!

Shame about Andys meal too but overall it reads as a very magical day. The ceremony sounded incredible!

Had to laugh at the kids lack of interest and the mishap photos! Hehe x
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Congratulations again. I'm loving reading your trip report.
You looked absolutely wonderful ( both of you) you had the day you wanted and that's all that matters. The rudeness of some people is astonishing. We all want to celebrate our big day in our own way. We were like you we didn't want anything big, just a relaxing special day spent in the way we wanted and resulting in us being mr and mrs
I think your day looked perfect and can't wait to read more and see more pictures from your trip
Loved the chapel and how ace that the autumnal colours fitted so well. Ringing the bell must have been magic too. Loved the limo ... I sort of regret we didn't have one. I also loved your cake ... Could just fancy a slice right now

Jo xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

Hi Amanda
I think you had a beautiful day. I don't think I've known a wedding to go completely without something going wrong (my dad knocked our wedding cake over, I spilled a pint over the top table and our CD for the day was stuck on repeat-for 3 hours and our DJ was off sick!) we now look back and laugh!
I thought your photos were fabulous, and you both looked amazing. the black and white photo was beautiful.
Thank you for sharing, I'm thoroughly enjoying your trippie xxx
Teresa
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Well from where I'm sitting Amanda it looks like you had a beautiful day. All that planning was definitely worth it in the end. And how rude of that person to make the comment about weddings on the cheap - I bet they weren't staying at the Yacht Club

I think your photos look fab, although the one with the bag and the bouquet on the back of the bike thing did make me laugh All that dress buying paid off and you looked stunning

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 15, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

I read lots of TR's including all your previous ones and don't often comment but I felt so furious at someone making such a mean comment? Totally unneccessary and you could never say flying to florida is doing anything on the cheap! What goes around comes around and he'll get his!
It looked like you had a lovely day and the wedding photos are beautiful. Congratulations.