Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Sep 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Fly drive with BA and received bill from Avis

We arrived home yesterday after doing a fly drive with BA and have received a bill already charged to my credit card for $800+, I have contacted Santander and a payment of £633.91 has been charged to my account. I didn’t take any upgrades (we even drove back out at drop off to fill as we had forgotten to do it) and as Avis preferred went straight to the garage to collect my car. The invoice shows the total of $1500+ with a voucher prepayment of $700+.
I’ve tried to ring BA but they’re closed and the Avis number is closed as well, slightly panicking as this hasn’t happened before!
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

We have had similar issue where because we arrived late after midnight following a delay then Avis didn’t apply the voucher.
Took forever to get sorted BA said it had to be Avis and Avis saying they did not have payment. Ended up getting my credit card to cancel and refund me then Avis to refund me the following week along with £5 for the inconvenience. Yes £5.
Cc took the money back. Did get sorted but took about 2 months, Avis UK were useless saying I had to contact the rental location.
No call centre was any use. Ended up complaining via resolver, but because it was taking so long with their standard response times got cc company involved. Wish I got the cc involved sooner they were very understanding and moved the charge as pending then when they got no response took it off my account.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Also had another issue on a different trip last year where the amount due was showing as $14.
Asked the, to correct as I had fully paid, told me they couldn’t. Sighs and eye rolling from the server when I asked for the manager who then reprinted supposedly showing zero. Checked it and the amount was still there. Manager said it wouldn’t be charged but I got him to correct it to zero then sign and date it.
Told it was just the difference in currency conversion but never gets charged. When home charged. Got sorted in a week but very annoying.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

That doesn’t fill me with hope! They didn’t take my voucher as said they don’t but didn’t last year and there was no charge. They have shown a voucher applied but only for half the amount. Think it will be a long battle!
Old 4 Sep 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Definitely pursue a chargeback with your card provider then tell BA to deal with Avis

Alternatively go to Avis via twitter, they tend to respond quicker than it will take BA.

Out of interest, which Avis depot did this happen with?
Old 4 Sep 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Definitely pursue a chargeback with your card provider then tell BA to deal with Avis

Alternatively go to Avis via twitter, they tend to respond quicker than it will take BA.

Out of interest, which Avis depot did this happen with?
I’ll have to ask husband about twitter as I don’t use it but if it helps! This was Tampa. They also told us when we returned the car that as we hadn’t prepaid fuel it was about $10 a gallon so we left and filled up but looking at the paperwork tonight it would have only been $2.82!
Old 4 Sep 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I had an issue last year re toll charges which they added to my bill although I paid cash. Customer service number is 0808 284 6666. Try giving them a call, they were actually very helpful for me. Best of luck.
Stitch & Smudge is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

They would have charged you around $10 a gallon as they bump it up as a penalty and charge a refuelling fee.
Stitch & Smudge is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve just returned and were charged taxes and surcharges which we weren’t informed about.

Waiting for BA to get back to me.
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I’ll have to ask husband about twitter as I don’t use it but if it helps! This was Tampa. They also told us when we returned the car that as we hadn’t prepaid fuel it was about $10 a gallon so we left and filled up but looking at the paperwork tonight it would have only been $2.82!
There's been a few folk had issues the past few weeks, all from Tampa.

They either need training or there's someone in that office who is desperately chasing commission.