Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Place holder booking with Disney questions

We booked with Attraction Tickets.com for this year August and we can now choose what to do - cancel, move, go ahead with current booking. We don't plan on doing Disney this year even if we have to travel to Florida because our flights are going.

I have had a quote for next year with Attraction Tickets and it is slightly more than if I booked direct with Disney but with this booking I will get $400 gift card. Any discounts of DDP will be added if Disney release these. I have one free change left on my booking which I would use when new flights are booked. Currently my booking is for 14 days and will probably reduce to 12 days when I have my flights. However, if there is no DDP we would probably downgrade our hotel from BC (if there is availability) therefore making 2 changes. One of which I would be charged for.

If I book directly with Disney I would do so for one person so that when I have my flights booked I can change my dates and add on the others this would probably not incur a change fee but would if we choose to downgrade at the same time.

Disney Food Blog have always said that if a better deal comes out on travel during your dates and room standard that Disney are happy to make this change.

My question is would this apply to UK guests? i.e. If I make my booking now and then DDP and gift card are released could I contact Disney if I book with them and ask them to add the discount to our room. I.e. as a Brit are we able to do what the Americans can do according to DFB.

If this is the case I would probably book with Disney through Quidco / Top Cash Back.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leelashpurple View Post
We booked with Attraction Tickets.com for this year August and we can now choose what to do - cancel, move, go ahead with current booking. We don't plan on doing Disney this year even if we have to travel to Florida because our flights are going.

I have had a quote for next year with Attraction Tickets and it is slightly more than if I booked direct with Disney but with this booking I will get $400 gift card. Any discounts of DDP will be added if Disney release these. I have one free change left on my booking which I would use when new flights are booked. Currently my booking is for 14 days and will probably reduce to 12 days when I have my flights. However, if there is no DDP we would probably downgrade our hotel from BC (if there is availability) therefore making 2 changes. One of which I would be charged for.

If I book directly with Disney I would do so for one person so that when I have my flights booked I can change my dates and add on the others this would probably not incur a change fee but would if we choose to downgrade at the same time.

Disney Food Blog have always said that if a better deal comes out on travel during your dates and room standard that Disney are happy to make this change.

My question is would this apply to UK guests? i.e. If I make my booking now and then DDP and gift card are released could I contact Disney if I book with them and ask them to add the discount to our room. I.e. as a Brit are we able to do what the Americans can do according to DFB.

If this is the case I would probably book with Disney through Quidco / Top Cash Back.
Basically no. DDP cannot usually be added to a booking retrospectively for U.K. customers. In all honesty though I strongly believe that free dining won’t happen next year so I would book whatever you are happy to book.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leelashpurple View Post

Disney Food Blog's posts are geared to the American market. A lot of what she says isn't true for the international market and this has been pointed out to her many times. This is one of those times. If a better deal comes along if booking through the UK site then Disney won't change it. You have to cancel and rebook, paying a cancellation charge for the original booking. However UK visitors are able to book through the US site.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Thanks both for the answers. I thought as much as I had not seen it discussed here. Argh don't know what to do now!
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List