Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
spikeybee
Helping Mickey

Aer Lingus

We are due to fly with Aer Lingus, has anyone had there flights cancelled by them and if so how much notice did give.
spikeybee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Our friends were given 4 days notice - they ere our to fly on 19th June.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours was cancelled on the 23rd April for the flight on the 11th May.
Old 7 Jul 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

I have just looked and I can no longer manage my booking for my Orlando flights and they are not for sale so I plan to phone tomorrow (10th August)
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
iPotato
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leelashpurple View Post
I have just looked and I can no longer manage my booking for my Orlando flights and they are not for sale so I plan to phone tomorrow (10th August)
Where from Leelashpurple?
iPotato is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ronniesmom
Excited about Disney

Mobile

They have now said changes can be made up to dec for those who are waiting for updates
Ronniesmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey101
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ronniesmom View Post
They have now said changes can be made up to dec for those who are waiting for updates
Thanks. We’re due to fly 24th August and hoping for a cancellation
Clarey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
armo102
Apprentice Imagineer

armo102's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Mobile

We’re supposed to fly 15th August, been given the opportunity to amend the flights. But want them cancelled and a refund TBH.

Old 7 Jul 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I too am booked with Aer lingus DUB-MCO

I've been keeping an eye on their website for ages.

They currently only operate flights to USA -chicago, New York (JFK) and Boston.

International travel is being reviewed by the irish govt on 20th July. Currently it is essential travel only FROM IRELAND and an advisory not to travel.

THE USA have extended their emergency travel procedures for another 60 days, meaning you won't get in without a USA passport!

From what I have seen so far with Aer Lingus, a pattern emerges.

You will be given the FIRST OPTION of changing your flights (up to a certain date) with no change fees BUT there may be a fare difference to pay ans the cost on the internet you see is sometimes LESS than what they want to charge you! Some Dibbers reported this!

If you don't 'bite', Then there will be a SECOND OPTION some time later when they will email you with an offer of a voucher (valid for 5 years). They won't mention that your flight is cancelled at this point, nor will they mention you can request a refund IF they tell you the flight is cancelled.

They were offering an additional 10% incentive for certain dates (now deleted). I decided to take this option before it expired.

The THIRD OPTION is to await notification of cancellation from them. Usually within 14 days of outbound trip BUT some have been as close as 4 days from the date of trip.

IF you want to check your flight is cancelled, you can also call them or go on their twitter page.

There is a form to fill out BUT make sure its the correct one.
ONE is for you cancelling

The SECOND is for them cancelling.
This is the one you want for a full refund when they tell you flight cancelled.

Currently they seem to be dealing with July/August scheduled flights.

Hope this helps

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by iPotato View Post
Where from Leelashpurple?
I went to Manage my bookings on the Aer Lingus page. I can manage my flight to Dublin and back from Dublin but not the Orlando part.

I therefore went to see if I could book tickets n the Orlando flight. I couldn't as it showed no flights operating. Therefore I am presuming that this is cancelled.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List