Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Great tales guys.

Love em

Disney332
Old 13 Jul 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Also seeing a space shuttle take off from KSC.

Being in the grandstand with my son to see the last 3 Concordes arriving at Heathrow on their last day. I was a emotional reck

So miss that plane

Lesley and Melvin
Old 13 Jul 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

Mobile

A huge otter crossing the road at Downtown disney, it was massive.
A Basking shark from a boat taking us to Caldy Island in South Wales.
A big chunk of glacier calving off the Tasman glacier / Mount cook New Zealand while we were on a boat on the 800ft deep glacial lake. The skipper turned the boat around rather quickly!
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We were in New York 6months to the day after 9/11. We saw the twin tower lights, we visited ground zero, they were still digging it out. Bodies were still being found. We had tickets to wach the NY rangers playing hockey at Madison square gardens, they stopped the game, they had a group of fire men who had been there. All the crowd were on their feet shouting USA USA.
Probably the most moving thing I’ve ever witnessed.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh this is a lovely thread thanks for all your stories!
A few things that have stuck in my mind - seeing a hummingbird i the Dominican Republic amazing little creature.
Watching an armadillo whilst waiting in the morning Queue for Blizzard Beach to open.
Also seeing ‘something’ beside OKW it was a late night and we were on the bus coming home from MK and a dog like animal darted across the road no one else saw it except me...Ive always wondered what it was?
Old 14 Jul 20, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Oh this is a lovely thread thanks for all your stories!
A few things that have stuck in my mind - seeing a hummingbird i the Dominican Republic amazing little creature.
Watching an armadillo whilst waiting in the morning Queue for Blizzard Beach to open.
Also seeing ‘something’ beside OKW it was a late night and we were on the bus coming home from MK and a dog like animal darted across the road no one else saw it except me...Ive always wondered what it was?
I guess, Otter or Beaver

Lovely sightings 😂

Disney332
Old 14 Jul 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

A black pig trotting (trottering ?) down the road in Celebration near the high school. No idea what that was all about!

The first time I saw an armadillo, on the “field” behind the Mercado on Int Drive (donkeys years ago)
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Mobile

A waterspout over the ocean as we approached KSC. We also saw an armadillo there crossing the road while we were waiting for a bus. Last visit to Orlando we were regularly visited by a raccoon who liked to sit on the bin.
Have to say one of the most stunning sights I’ve ever seen was Ephesus - just incredible.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
A waterspout over the ocean as we approached KSC. We also saw an armadillo there crossing the road while we were waiting for a bus. Last visit to Orlando we were regularly visited by a raccoon who liked to sit on the bin.
Have to say one of the most stunning sights I’ve ever seen was Ephesus - just incredible.
Love to see a water spout

Had to google Ephesus, had no knowledge of its existence,...looks amazing

Disney332
Old 14 Jul 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve&Jan
Excited about Disney

1988 we saw the launch of the first shuttle after the Challenger disaster.
Steve&Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List