Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

I have contacted Coverforyou today and asked about FCO advice stating no travel at time of booking and was advised that if FCO have lifted the restrictions I will be covered if I caught Covid and couldn’t travel and I would be covered for Covid medical whilst in the USA. They will not cover if travelling against FCO advice which is pretty standard.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Poohbear62 View Post
I have contacted Coverforyou today and asked about FCO advice stating no travel at time of booking and was advised that if FCO have lifted the restrictions I will be covered if I caught Covid and couldn’t travel and I would be covered for Covid medical whilst in the USA. They will not cover if travelling against FCO advice which is pretty standard.
That is very very helpful. Hope the whole industry follows their lead.

I will look to buy a policy from them

Thanks a million

Disney332
Old 22 Jul 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
You are not covered for cancellation or failure if AT THE TIME OF BOOKING the FCO advice is not to travel IRRESPECTIVE of the conditions at the time of departure.

So if the FCO advice is its OK to travel when you are due to go, having booked when the advice was not to travel and you get covid the week before, you lose everything without recourse, because at the time of booking, covid was a KNOWN RISK.
Interesting point to check out on your insurance with that. I’m not in any rush to book, I’m just eager to gather some rough ideas of prices like I’m sure others are.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

You are welcome.
I’m going to buy mine from them too as I have moved one trip and it will no longer be covered and booked another one in June to travel October 21. It’s good to know that some insurance policies are now covering this. It’s obviously not cheap but as long as it provides the level of cover I need I’m happy to pay.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Slore View Post
Interesting point to check out on your insurance with that. I’m not in any rush to book, I’m just eager to gather some rough ideas of prices like I’m sure others are.
I’m not trying to scare, but you know how insurers like to wriggle. I would hate anyone to be caught out.

Disney332
Old 22 Jul 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m not trying to scare, but you know how insurers like to wriggle. I would hate anyone to be caught out.

Disney332

It is absolutely worth checking insurance out. It can be a mine field. I now have annual travel insurance attached to my home insurance (have had for years) and now it’s useless as they won’t cover anything to do with Covid. I will be purchasing Coverforyou and if my existing one does not change when my renewal is due I will be cancelling.
Old 22 Jul 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Absolutely, I’ve been fortunate that I’ve not had to claim before (hope I’ve not tempted fate) but can imagine it can be very difficult.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wilson9795
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Has anyone rang and had prices for next Sep/Oct? Thank you
Wilson9795 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wilson9795 View Post
Has anyone rang and had prices for next Sep/Oct? Thank you
Phoned today to price up a holiday in Mauritius for next September (having had the holiday this September cancelled). The quote was way more expensive than what I paid this year. They suggested I hang on until September as there is usually a sale. In short, complete waste of time for me.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Whether you are covered or not depends entirely on policy wording- so there’s no one size fits all and also, believe it or not, on existing annual policies insurers can’t just implement new conditions as and when they feel like it.

Unfortunately policies are often a complex thing, not often clear- the insurers often struggle and misinterpret their own wording.