Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 25 Jul 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ukitr
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just received a cheque each for $163. expiration was 16 May and was platinum pass. Really pleased with what we got. Problem is DW and DD don’t want to cash their Mickey cheques in!
ukitr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
My refund for my gold AP came through in the post today with a cheque for $197. (Now deposited via mobile app so I can keep the cheque)

I'm not sure how they worked out the amount - I paid $550 for the AP renewal last June and it was due to expire end of July.
It's still on my MDE with the new expiry of August 31st but as I won't be going before then is it possible to get an additional refund from park opening to expiry or is that already included?

It seems a bit cheeky to be asking but it would be handy to have.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
My refund for my gold AP came through in the post today with a cheque for $197. (Now deposited via mobile app so I can keep the cheque)

I'm not sure how they worked out the amount - I paid $550 for the AP renewal last June and it was due to expire end of July.
It's still on my MDE with the new expiry of August 31st but as I won't be going before then is it possible to get an additional refund from park opening to expiry or is that already included?

It seems a bit cheeky to be asking but it would be handy to have.
Everyone got an additional 1 month at no extra cost. If you cancelled then you still get the 1 month extension until August, you cannot get a refund for this month either.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Just processed refund today. :-(

137 days on each of the 3 AP's.

Still getting on the place on 30th October if it's going, just won't be doing the parks, will pick up a late booking for somewhere to stay now we've also cancelled/sold our DVC bookings.

Makes me feel sad.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Rang Disney yesterday to process refund from July 11th to end of our annual pass expiry dates. On hold for 1hr 30mins in total but happy to wait. All processed in 10 minutes or so. This is in addition to the refund for the closure period. Both payments for each ticket now pending. In total it will be around 5 months refund so hopeful for a decent amount as these were platinum plus passes. They were upgraded from UK ultimates so will have to wait and see what we get back.

Email confirmations received on the refunds.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by muzland View Post
Rang Disney yesterday to process refund from July 11th to end of our annual pass expiry dates. On hold for 1hr 30mins in total but happy to wait. All processed in 10 minutes or so. This is in addition to the refund for the closure period. Both payments for each ticket now pending. In total it will be around 5 months refund so hopeful for a decent amount as these were platinum plus passes. They were upgraded from UK ultimates so will have to wait and see what we get back.

Email confirmations received on the refunds.
Did ours 17th July, still no sign of a refund. We’re expecting 5 months too.

I’m going to buy universal ap before the offer finishes in September so hoping the refund is through by then as I’ll use the credit on my card to cover them.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mine say they expire 18 May 2021. I upgraded from UK tickets - anyone have any clue what I’d get back? If I get to go Xmas or Easter I’ll still have had 2 trips, not sure what I’d get back though or to take the gamble.
Old 9 Aug 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Hi
how are those of you receiving cheques paying them in since they are in dollars? DD got a cheque through the post (still waiting on ours) she’s with Nationwide and I cant see anything on their website about paying in foreign cheques?
thanks!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
Hi
how are those of you receiving cheques paying them in since they are in dollars? DD got a cheque through the post (still waiting on ours) she’s with Nationwide and I cant see anything on their website about paying in foreign cheques?
thanks!
I suspect like us that tbey have a dollar bank account.

As to when to expect refunds Disney did say September.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I had expected the refund on my CC but they sent a cheque. Fortunately I have a US account with Suntrust so managed to pay it in using the mobile app and a vpn.
Some U.K. banks just won’t accept US dollar cheques at all - mine (Lloyd’s) charged me I think around £30 last time I paid one in a few years ago.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List