Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

30th wedding anniversary surprise?

Mrs MH reminded me that it's our 30th wedding anniversary early next year, and I didn't let on that I am planning a special surprise. So this is where my dibb family comes into helping me decide.

I plan to pull out all the stops so have come up with the following (obviously just one of them - I'm not rich):

1) Tell Mrs MH to pack a case because we're going to Gatwick airport and then surprise her with a night at the Premier inn North Terminal with breakfast and a 2 course dinner included (and a soft drink).

2) book a Harry Potter Studio tour at Watford and allow her to buy anything she wants in the gift shop (up to £25).

3) An afternoon tea followed by a bouquet of flowers (up to a £20 value for the flowers).

4) Mrs MH has said our kettle and toaster won't match our new kitchen, so buy her a new kettle and toaster.

5) Surprise her by waking her up on our anniversary morning with me tying a pandora charm on my small body part and dangle it over her face (so she gets a double surprise when she wakes up).

Any feedback appreciated from my dibb family.

Edited at 11:15 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
New kitchen? Straitjacket? Double padlock for your hutch?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My 30th anniversary in 2022 and I’m hoping a holiday somewhere hot, maybe you could book a weekend at Bognor for her In a B&B . Failing that the Harry Potter Tour but I don’t think you’ll get much for £25 in the gift shop, maybe she will afford a chocolate frog but that’s about it!
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My 30th anniversary in 2022 and I’m hoping a holiday somewhere hot, maybe you could book a weekend at Bognor for her In a B&B . Failing that the Harry Potter Tour but I don’t think you’ll get much for £25 in the gift shop, maybe she will afford a chocolate frog but that’s about it!
Thanks for your feedback Sandra. Is all okay because it's not lunchtime and you are up?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Thanks for your feedback Sandra. Is all okay because it's not lunchtime and you are up?
Yes poppy was kissing me at 9.30am she needed to go in the garden for a wee! I’m ok thanks for asking
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Yes poppy was kissing me at 9.30am she needed to go in the garden for a wee! I’m ok thanks for asking
I feel for you being woken up so early as I know you are a lunchtime waker, but couldn't your daughter let Poppy in the garden?
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
My son and my dd both in bed, lazy as hell and don’t go to bed till 4am. Dh usually lets her out but she run to the back door, sons off this week and dd stays up till 4am dong uni work.
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I never get up at lunchtime cheeky git!
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

My son and my dd both in bed, lazy as hell and don’t go to bed till 4am. Dh usually lets her out but she run to the back door, sons off this week and dd stays up till 4am dong uni work.
Blimey your daughter is keen doing uni work all day and night until 4am.
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Blimey your daughter is keen doing uni work all day and night until 4am.
She is doing film studies and has loads of films to watch but I’m sure she’s also talking to friends inbetween. She has online lectures too, and only came home for food and Poppy. I hardly see her she’s always in her room or in the fridge or eating all my Christmas presents, another Lindt Santa bit the dust yesterday, that’s three now!