Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Miami a quick review

Hi all we arrives in Miami on Sunday.
Stayed in the Marseilles Hotel on Collins ave . Great facilities. Lovely pool and Sun beds. Parking $38 per night across the road.
Can walk through to the beach and Sun beds included.
Well situated for walking to ocean drive and Lincoln road.
We went to the front porch cafe for dinner first night and used Groupon voucher. It was really.lovely and great service.
We did the open top bus which took us through windwood and the art deco areas as well as the city.
The island cruise was also good showing us the city and the millionaire mansions
We did the duck tour a pretty similar route but it was great fun and interaction and the kids loved it.
Didn't think I would enjoy Miami but have absolutely loved it.
Off to the keys tomorrow
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds great! We’ve got a few nights in Miami next month but not staying at the beach. We’ll probably do the bus tour 😊

Enjoy the Keys!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
spikeybee
Helping Mickey

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, we too are spending some time in Miami. And will be doing the bus tour.
spikeybee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Sounds fab cheers for this... we are following you on Sunday Miami then the Keys lol! Have fun!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
Mobile

Be prepared for the heat..It's roasting here 35 degrees. Plenty of factor needed but it is beautiful
Old 28 Jun 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Fab! We fly to Miami on Tuesday Would love to hear what you think of the Keys

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Fab! We fly to Miami on Tuesday Would love to hear what you think of the Keys
Loved the keys. It was so hot though. We all got roasted when snorkelling for a couple of hours with factor 50 on.
We stayed in marathon and loved it.
Went snorkelling in Bahia Honda cost $2.50 entrance per person. Not a lot of it open since the hurricane but had a lovely time there.
Alsodrove down to key west one day. It was very hot walking round. Went to the 0 mile marker and took some photos. Stopped at a gift shop and also for a key lime pie.
On the way back to Orlando went to feed the Tarpon at Robbies. They are huge and fairly vicious but was a lot of fun.
Would definitely go.back and would be braver about moving round a bit and staying in different parts.
Delighted we did it and the kids surprisingly loved it.
The drive back to Orlando was long though but traffic was good.
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I liked Miami, we went for five nights and did a couple of tours, loved all the different areas and cultures.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Thank you for posting this.

We are thinking of having a few days in Miami next year as flights from Dublin in to Miami seem to be a bit more reasonable than to Orlando in July.

I have got to admit that I was not looking forward to staying in Miami as I have this (probably unfair) idea in my head that it’s crime ridden and scary. You have helped to put my mind at rest with your post 😊

Will you be doing a trip report?
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
shakil
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
Thank you for posting this.

We are thinking of having a few days in Miami next year as flights from Dublin in to Miami seem to be a bit more reasonable than to Orlando in July.

I have got to admit that I was not looking forward to staying in Miami as I have this (probably unfair) idea in my head that it’s crime ridden and scary. You have helped to put my mind at rest with your post 😊

Will you be doing a trip report?
We are just finishing up our stay in Miami Beach before heading to Orlando. Miami Beach is the place to stay and if you stay south beach you’ll be fine. Its a bit pricey, so I’m only staying 2 nights but been a lovely experience before the whole Disney madness starts!

Ocean drive on a Saturday night is an experience! Lots of food and drink and a lively atmosphere with live music.
shakil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List