Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Which part of L.A did you enjoy staying in, those that liked L.A

Thank you to all those that contributed to my last post about going to L.A for just 5 nights, we are definetly goingfor it
I'm just looking at deals at the moment and wondering which part of L.A to stay in as people seem to have a love or hate relationship with Los Angeles, so, those that loved L.A, where did you base yourselves and what did you do? I know Hollywood itself is suppose to be run down and busy so keen to avoid that part if possible but I have been looking at ;
Santa Monica
West Hollywood
Beverley Hills
Universal City area
Downtown L.A
Marina Del Ray
So please share your thoughts on these locations . We will be using public transport but I can plan for this, Thank you
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We haven’t been yet... but we’re staying in Burbank during our trip. We’ve booked The Tangerine which is walking distance to Warner Brothers and it’s a few miles from Griffith Observatory and Walk of Fame so we’ll probably use Uber to go to those places. We’re then moving on to Anaheim.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

We did just 2 hotels for all locations on your list, Doubletree suites at Santa M for all the coastal stuff, it's a couple of blocks inland at the end of highway 10 (in that the view from our suite was the freeway - but still an excellent suite and not too noisy). Walkable to the mall and the pier, bit of a trek for Venice and Marina del Rey.
Burbank - Holiday Inn Media Center, ideal for the shops and restaurants, an easy drive/uber/lyft to Universal and Griffith Park and Hollywood. We read though a lot of trip reports, other places such as Glendale and the Loews hotel in Hollywood are often mentioned so you should have a lot of choice. Beverley Hills hotel is 'quite nice too ...! '
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

We've just come back and stayed in Burbank at the Hilton Garden Inn. It's the second time we've stayed in that hotel, very nice and it's a nice area. First visit we did Warner Brothers, Universal and Griffiths. Loved Warner and Griffiths but controversially we weren't that impressed with Universal apart from the backlot tour.
This time we did Rodeo Drive, Beverly Centre and drove in and around the big houses in Beverly Hills and drove around the Hollywood hills. No problems in this area at all and easy commute from Burbank.
Old 21 Jul 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

All three times we have stayed in Santa Monica, as for us has the best combination of things to do and easy access to Hollywood, Malibu and downtown.

Next time we go (was going to be October but probably next year now) we're debating between the Farmers market area of Beverley Grove or staying in downtown.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally95
Earning More Ears

My friend and I went recently and stayed in West Hollywood in a hotel called The Montrose. It’s in a safe neighbourhood and my friend and I felt very safe walking home after a night out. They also do vino and vinyl at 5pm everyday, which has free wine and they put on a record and you chat with other residents, I thought it was great, met some real characters! The location is also great. The sunset strip is at the top of the street, with all its famous bars like The Rainbow and The Whiskey A Go Go and at the bottom is a lot of nightlife and restaurants. Walk a bit further and you are at Rodeo Drive, for a look in the windows! Aside from that if we wanted to go further we used Uber. We found it worked really well and it gives you an estimated fare. Good luck, I’m sure you’ll have a ball whenever you end up
Sally95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We went Easter and stayed in Lowes Hollywood hotel.
Found this an excellent location for everything you mentioned above.
Uber was amazing ... and very reasonable!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

My favourite part of LA is West Hollywood. If I win the lotto I’ll be off to buy myself a snazzy condo there!
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We've stayed in Glendale and Burbank, there's a couple of nice shopping malls in Glendale and plenty of places to eat. Also like Santa Monica area and would probably stay there at some point, Marina Del Rey seemed fairly quiet when we visited for the Cheesecake Factory.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Another vote for Burbank, but boy the prices have gone up since we last stayed.