Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumofthree
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Online check in for an indirect flight?

Hiya not long till we go😃 but I'm not sure who we do online check in with, we booked our flights with lastminute.com flying Dublin to Gatwick with Aer lingus then Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin. Do we need to do online check in with both airlines? Thanks
Mumofthree is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

This is the same route we are flying next Monday, I will be checking in with Virgin, as when you go onto manage my booking it shows both flights, so as far as I am aware it should be ok.
If it won't let me I will then try Aer Lingus, but don't envisage any problems going by previous indirect flights we've done.

HTH
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumofthree
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Devonlou View Post
This is the same route we are flying next Monday, I will be checking in with Virgin, as when you go onto manage my booking it shows both flights, so as far as I am aware it should be ok.
If it won't let me I will then try Aer Lingus, but don't envisage any problems going by previous indirect flights we've done.

HTH
Thank you, hopefully it all goes smoothly.
Mumofthree is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mumofthree View Post
Thank you, hopefully it all goes smoothly.
I'll let you know how we get on so your mind is at rest for your trip! 😊
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mumofthree
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Devonlou View Post
I'll let you know how we get on so your mind is at rest for your trip! 😊
Thank you☺️
Old 29 Jul 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

You should check in with the carrier operating the first flight on the itinerary, in this case Aer Lingus (there are a couple of exceptions, but I would not expect this to be one of them, such exceptions are usually complex). Whether and how you check in for the Virgin sector depends on how the tech works between airlines, some will pass you through to the other airline for check-in, others will require you to do it separately with each airline, some won’t let you check in both sectors online (in which case you’d check in and get boarding passes at the airport, which is really only an issue if you have been unable to select seats).

I’ve never done an Aer Lingus to Virgin Atlantic Connection, so don't have direct experience of what happens in their case. Start with Aer Lingus and see what happens.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumofthree
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
You should check in with the carrier operating the first flight on the itinerary, in this case Aer Lingus (there are a couple of exceptions, but I would not expect this to be one of them, such exceptions are usually complex). Whether and how you check in for the Virgin sector depends on how the tech works between airlines, some will pass you through to the other airline for check-in, others will require you to do it separately with each airline, some won’t let you check in both sectors online (in which case you’d check in and get boarding passes at the airport, which is really only an issue if you have been unable to select seats).

I’ve never done an Aer Lingus to Virgin Atlantic Connection, so don't have direct experience of what happens in their case. Start with Aer Lingus and see what happens.
Thank you, not long now till I find out😁
Old 29 Jul 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

We flew Virgin/Delta indirect to Mexico in April, had to check in with Virgin and Delta separately.
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumofthree
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by wensleydale6 View Post
We flew Virgin/Delta indirect to Mexico in April, had to check in with Virgin and Delta separately.
Thank you.
Old 30 Jul 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

Following Peko's advice I had a look at aerlingus website, which allows you to check in 30 day before your trip.
It found my booking, let me choose seats, then gave me two messages - 'try again later', and 'check in at the airport'. OP, It might be worth you giving it a try, I will try again when I check in on Saturday with virgin, otherwise at least its only an hours flight if we get split up!
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019