Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Feb 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Buses, Bars and Bargains. January 2020. Day 8, Disney Springs, Boardwalk, Chillis

Index

Saturday 18th

Another relaxed start to the morning. Matt was in a bit of pain and his foot had swollen so I popped out to get some painkillers. I normally have a first aid kit for holidays but I forgot to bring it.
I just went to the shop opposite and brought 50 tablets for $5.99. The tablets were smaller than we get at home so easier to take.
I don’t have any photos of breakfast so I think we skipped it.
We left the hotel about 8.30.
We knew we had to take the Lynx number 8 to bus to Seaworld then transfer onto the 500. We took our trolley passes as well and ended up taking that to Seaworld, it’s the stop just before they enter the park.
So we waited for 5 minutes until the bus came...on the opposite side of the road! We weren’t sure where it stopped but really should have figured it out by the direction of the traffic.
Oh well, we had to wait another 30 minutes and I did ask Matt if he just wanted to leave it but we stuck it out. It’s not really too bad waiting in the sunshine.
The trolleys had been hit and miss all holiday but 3 passed us while we were at the stop.
Anyway the bus pulled up and it’s $2 each. They don’t give change so I had saved a few dollar notes for our fares.
It drops you off near Cirque(West side) but there was another bus stop at the other end as well.
It was quiet.

We wanted to find Sephora for a lipstick for Dd. We found it easily and asked the assistant for the lipstick (lime crime) she told us they don’t stock it. We were under the impression it was by Sephora so called Dd and she informed us she knew it wasn’t Sephora but they stocked it, well thanks for telling us that before! Anyway the assistant was really helpful and told us Ulta stocked it but it wasn’t at Disney Springs. Dd didn’t want anything else so we left. She already had some lipsticks from our trip to Malaga in December.

We wanted to visit Boardwalk so found the bus station and the stop we needed. The bus took about 15 minutes to arrive then dropped off at Swan and Dolphin, Beach and Yacht Club then Boardwalk villas.

We loved it here, it was beautiful and so chilled.
We looked in the bakery but didn’t see anything we fancied so went into the ice cream parlour.
Once again we were behind that family that wants to try every flavour and still can’t decide. Luckily another cashier opened and we were quickly served. Coke float (with peppermint ice cream) for Matt and cookie sandwich for me.

$6.99 each and worth every cent.
We walked back to the bus stop and waited about 15/20 minutes for a bus to Disney Springs.
We had passed a bar called Paradise 71 with happy hour deals 12-5 so headed there. Matt had beer and I had Margarita

$5 each. The view wasn’t bad.

We could watch the water taxis back and forth to all the stops and decided to get one (to Marketplace dock) to eat at Earl of Sandwich.
No queue but a short wait for the boat.

We really enjoyed the short ride. We found Earl of Sandwich, it was busy but Matt got a seat outside while I ordered. They are very organised in there and it didn’t take long for the buzzer to go off.
Matt had a holiday sandwich and I had the chicken, barbecue and pineapple.

We shared a drink, I think it was just over $20.
Matt declared it the nicest sandwich he’s had, I enjoyed mine as well.
We took the water taxi back Westside and the bus stop.

The captain had a little trouble docking and took a couple of attempts.
We only waited a couple of minutes for the bus, paid $2 each again and the journey took 10/15 minutes to Seaworld. We got off which was also the stop we needed to get a bus or trolley back. The trolley was taking a while but finally one arrived and we were on the way back to the hotel. We popped into a liquor store as they didn’t ask for ID for a few beers and relaxed in the room before heading out for dinner.

We chose Chillis as it was the closest to the hotel and we do love it there.
We both chose 2 courses and a soft drink for $10. As Matt ate all the chips in Buffalo Wild Wings I ordered my own, we could have shared though!

I also had a margarita.

I had a bacon and cheese burger and Matt had the margarita chicken again.

It was so good. Total was $25
I watched some over the top American mom embarrass her kids by dancing around.
We took the short walk back to the hotel, Matt took some painkillers, I got a refillable drink and some ice for Matts foot and watched some TV.

Edited at 10:09 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another nice day

Joan
Old 10 Feb 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

looks lovely, thank you for posting
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another nice day

Joan
thank you
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
looks lovely, thank you for posting
Thank you, enjoyed it more than expected.
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely relaxed day! I hope Matt’s foot got better quickly.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I do like Chillis , so very handy for the Enclave.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Sounds oik3 a nice day, chillis is nice, are u sure it was lynx 42 you took? Thought that it only went from the airport to the Vineland outlets
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely day thanks for sharing

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What a lovely relaxed day! I hope Matt’s foot got better quickly.
It got better when we got home. Luckily it was at the end of the holiday.

Edited at 09:34 PM.