Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Jun 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Best location to stay - this August?

If we are tied in to our flights - Aer Lingus (Birmingham to Dublin - 9th Aug and then Dublin to MCO 10th Aug then return to Dublin on 27th Aug) and travel restrictions and quarantine are gone then we will probably travel. Flights were expensive as Business Class. As a teacher I am only happy travelling in the summer break because of work load at other holidays. We can't therefore move flights currently as they are not released.

Original plan - 1 night in MCO Hyatt, 2 nights in HRH (Clubcard vouchers) and then 12 nights in Yacht Club. We have decided we don't want to do Disney this year given all the restrictions and will move it to next year.

We have:
14 day tickets to Universal
KSC and transport booked
DC Ultimate tickets

We don't plan on getting a hire car for all parts of the trip (I have driven in the US before but would find the navigating and driving stressful - it causes stress in this country so want to reduce our levels there). We may hire a car part way through the trip. We are happy to Uber.

I was thinking of extending our stay at a Universal based resort for 2 days. I am now looking for accommodation for most of the trip. We have stayed in LBV Spa and Resort with my parents who drove.

Requirements:

Nice pool for kids
Some facilities to cook
Not too far from restaurants to walk / Uber.

I am unsure of the areas to be looking at. We will probably be mostly resort based for the non Universal part and use the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens tickets that we didn't originally intend to do.

So can anyone recommend good locations to be based at and hotel chains that might suit our needs. I will obviously look for hotels that have no cancellations fees.

Thanks in advance.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
the LBV area near Crossroads ( condos ) might suit you as there are restaurants nearby. Maybe Cypress Point or Blue Tree.? Close to Disney Springs if you need a Disney fix. 😉

I haven’t stayed there but the Enclave Suites on Carrier Drive are recommended on here. Close to Universal & restaurants nearby.

Tbh there’s so much choice, it’s difficult to recommend any specific company.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

I would highly recommend Vista Cay Apartments.

They are in such a good location just behind Idrive in Universal Boulevard. A real short uber to Idrive with al the resteraunts and has a couple of nice pools, you can walk to a really nice Publix, pizza, chinese, dunkin doughnuts and liquor store are all walkable.

You also within the itrolley route.

Resort itself is very nice. We have been twice and would hesitate in staying again. We have ventured onto Villas now (we drive) as our kids get older and we like the solitude!
But If were heading to the condo route Vista Cay really hits the right spot i terms of location and quality.
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List