Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
BA puts holidays on sale until Nov 2021 - only 12 limited destinations

In an interesting moveBritish Airways Holidays has today started selling a selection of summer and autumn 2021 holidays to 12 of its most popular destinations, on sale over a year in advance for the first time. A selection of the most popular destinations are now available to book, until 6th November 2021.

While previously only on sale 355 days in advance, 12 of British Airways Holidays’ most popular destinations are now bookable. Short haul destinations include the Greek islands of Kos, Crete and Corfu, Halkidiki, Paphos and Malaga. For those looking further afield, holidays to the Caribbean islands of Barbados, Antigua and St Lucia are now live, as well as Cancun, Mauritius, and Orlando. You only have to pay a small deposit now – from just £75 per person and the final payment is now not due until three weeks before travel, offering greater flexibility.

Obviously people may not want to book at the moment but it is an extention of BA Holidays programme and although limited in destinations may be expanded in the future. You can't book online but here is the link for anyone who wants to have a browse for future reference:- More details and how to book can be found here: ba/book-early

I find it an interesting move by BA.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
It is interesting, and not something I’ve known them do before.

Shame you have to call, rather than looking/booking on line. Would be interested to know the prices for next summer, particularly Orlando.
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

Interesting,would have definitely looked if online availability was there but ringing up not so great
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I might give them a call a bit later just out of curiosity on prices. I want a split stay for 3 weeks in August so interested if they could do that.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Just phoned them and got through in 10 mins unfortunately it’s only for hotel + flights not for flydrives so another few weeks to wait for them but the person I spoke too thought thr would be a sale in September so might be worth waiting.
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ

Edited at 01:16 PM.
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney45 View Post
Just phoned them and got through in 10 mins unfortunately it’s only for hotel + flights not for flydrives so another few weeks to wait for them but the person I spoke too though thr would be a sale in September so might be worth waiting.
This is the basic information at the bottom of the link I put above and it does mention accomodation but thank you for confirming that it doesn't include fly-drive.

"Indicative prices shown include economy (World Traveller) flights from London, up to 23kg luggage and a minimum of 7 nights accommodation on the board basis show which are now available to book for travel dates up to 6 November 2021.."
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Fingers crossed for a September sale.
Old 22 Jul 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney45 View Post
Just phoned them and got through in 10 mins unfortunately it’s only for hotel + flights not for flydrives so another few weeks to wait for them but the person I spoke too thought thr would be a sale in September so might be worth waiting.
I called and they were not doing split stays either but they said exactly the same that there would be a sale in September too.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for information re flydrive,September sounds promising
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

For all those keen to book, myself included I thought it would be of help to post a reply I gave about travel insurance. On the back of this I am waiting until the FCO travel advisory changes...

This is my take on this...

Covid is currently and for some weeks a KNOWN EVENT

You are not covered for cancellation or failure if AT THE TIME OF BOOKING the FCO advice is not to travel IRRESPECTIVE of the conditions at the time of departure.

So if the FCO advice is its OK to travel when you are due to go, having booked when the advice was not to travel and you get covid the week before, you lose everything without recourse, because at the time of booking, covid was a KNOWN RISK.

Disney332