Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Oct 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wisteria
Earning My Ears

VH email - unable to process refund?

Sorry, another Virgin Holidays question! 🙄

My refund is due for my cancelled August trip with VH and I've received an email from donotreply@virginholidays.co.uk to say that they're having issues processing it due to an issue with my payment card. It includes a link to confirm card details and an email address to contact if I want to check that the email is legitimate. I've emailed and received a response, which seems genuine, but I'm still slightly sceptical because I'm not aware that my card has changed.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same email?
Wisteria is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DonaldsNo1Fan
Trading Disney Pins

We had exactly the same. Don't know why they couldn't process the refund as the card I paid for the holiday with is still valid. I filled in the form on the link with another account and the refund came around 7 days later.
DonaldsNo1Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

I think I would contact them by some other means just to double check it is genuine. Can't be too careful with all the scam emails going around. They send out thousands and it only takes one to hit someone who may be waiting for a refund and bingo.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

I had the same issue with a recent refund from Virgin Holidays, where they paid the biggest portion of the balance into my Barclays account, but could not pay an outstanding amount of £1080 which was originally paid from the same acccount. Therefore sending the same email you have received requesting details of account so could pay the outstanding amount, I forwarded the said details and received the said amount into my account within five working days. Hope this rest assures you that the email is genuine 😀

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We also had this and hadn’t changed cards.
The rest of the refund came through fine .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DonaldsNo1Fan
Trading Disney Pins

Nanu is right you really have to be careful with the amount of scams going around.

If it helps so you can check your email is genuine, the first email we received from VH to tell us our refund was not successful was donotreply@virginholidays.co.uk which is the same as you.

Within the email we were informed that we could contact Feedback.BackHome@virginholidays.com to check the email is genuine which we did and they responded that the email was genuine. This email address also appear on VH website.

The link to add your account details started with
customerpayments.virginholidays.co.uk/BankDetails/Add, Followed by a unique number for your holiday.

If yours matches the above you should be ok as we got our refund ok.
If still in doubt try giving them a call (if you can get through)

Hope this helps.

Edited at 07:49 PM.
DonaldsNo1Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Wisteria
Earning My Ears

Thank you. I think I will try contacting them, just to make sure, but it definitely sounds like the email that others have mentioned.
Wisteria is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Very interesting..
I’ve just now had an email back from virgin about this and they said they don’t store card details longer than 12 months so the code they get runs out for them to refund which is why we have had the message .
I know for a fact the amount I’m waiting for is the original deposit which was indeed paid over 12 months ago so explains why a lot of us have had this email.
They should just state this is the original email they sent out but atleast we know now .
Old 6 Oct 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It's genuine, we had the same, loads have had it on the FB refund group, we filled it in and had our refund paid in our bank 3 days later.
Old 6 Oct 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ShenleyAnne
Having Dinner with Goofy

The email they send saying they are now processing your refund has some details about what they'll do if they can't process for whatever reason. It says this:

To give you extra piece of mind that the email is genuine, is from us and is not fraudulent, it will contain the following:
- Your booking reference
- A link that takes you to a secure web page at the virginholidays.co.uk domain
- A contact email address for us, should you want to check in with one of our team

Does the email you receive have all this?
November 2014 I Drive & Disney Dream cruise / April 2016 Miami, Orlando, Clearwater / September 2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon / April 2017 I Drive / September 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon / October 2018 Birthday OKW DVC Rental Trip /
October 2019
Thomas Cook went bump so to off to DLP / October 2021 Disney Magic Staycation /
September 2022
Honeymoon CSR, Disney Wish, I Drive
ShenleyAnne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List