Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Oct 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Anyone had an iPad home button repaired?

As the title asks really? My iPad pro9.7 home button doesn’t press anymore, I’m managing okay (with rest to open and swipeing up) but it winds me up more by the day!
It’s one of the touch ID ones,
Apple Website suggests they’d do the thing where they’d swap and charge me £300 for the pleasure (At that cost I’d get another one , as I couldn’t swap for a refurbed one off someone else, mine is in good nick and absolutely fine besides the button) but if I can take it to Apple and get the button repaired in a few hours I’d be totally fine doing that! Before I s get a genius appointment and drive an hour to get there I just want to know if it’s possible really?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had my ipad mini done, they had to replace the whole screen. Cost me £50.
A local shop, not Apple.
Old 10 Oct 20, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As above I think it’s the whole screen that has to be done.
£300 can be the price for some- even more, I could get a copy iPad Pro screen done for about £250 real thing was nearer £400!
Old 10 Oct 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
My home button went on my iPad Air a few months ago. I don’t have finger print scan on mine so not as viral as yours but have a work around by using the home button that you put on your screen with assistive touch. Won’t solve the issue but might help in the mean time.
Old 10 Oct 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’ve had a few done at work (I manage iPads for a school).

Apple are expensive they don’t charge for the specific damage, it’s always the same price (£300+) but a local shop will do it for you for around £50.

Be aware this will invalidate your apple warrranty, But if Apple won’t replace it then I assume you are out of warranty anyway.

There is a work around that will put a digital button on the screen that we use sometimes. It’s in accessibility. Assistive touch.

imore/how-remedy-bad...ssistive-touch

Edited at 08:27 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List