Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Car Damage - Any thoughts?

Normally only ever post Disney related topics or replies but so surprised tonight that would be interested in what other people would do considering the following. Our two year old car - not a scratch on it was sitting in our drive this evening. I’d driven the car on a short pick up run early evening to pick up my wife from the dentist at 5.30pm. We have a private drive on a private road - no general public access at all. Parked the car in the drive - DW got out passenger side and went in house no problem. Car totally fine. Went out to pick up daughter from work 8.30pm to find rear passenger door and wheel arch badly scratched and bashed in - will need replacement door. God knows what happened. We don’t have cctv but appears between returning home and 8.30 somehow the car has had a load of damage inflicted on it. Looks like a car or something driven in to it but the car was on our drive. Had a look at neighbours car(s) no damage and to be honest our car was on the drive so no other car could have hit it. Not enough room for another car to get that close. No idea and at a total loss how this could have happened. Any ideas - really shocked. Will phone insurance in the morning but probably looking at a large repair bill. At a total loss how this could have happened. If this had happened when we’d been in the car it would have made a hell of a bang. Had a few car bumps over the years but this is just really odd and has everyone stumped how it could even happen. No idea what insurance will say - I’d guess at least 1.5k of damage. Not what you want at an end to a busy day. Wish I had cctv

Only thing to add but at around 6pm popped out to walk our dogs and spotted next door neighbour putting his pushbike in their garage next to ours which is near our car. When walking dogs / returning home I’d not see or check the left hand side of our car. With no evidence don’t want to mention anything to neighbour - everyone gets on really well so don’t wish to say anything without having any idea what may have happened. Not a good day.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise

Edited at 12:04 AM.
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Ghosts.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Don’t believe in ghosts but if it was I’d seriously not want to meet them after checking level of damage done.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a lot of damage for a non speeding push bike!

It's a poser and I hope you find out what happened. If so please let us know.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Seems like to much damage for a pushbike , the scratches maybe but not pushed in bodywork
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Sounds like something from tales of the unexpected...

SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I know it won’t help with this damage but get yourself a dashcam.
Mine is front and rear, hard wired with g sensor. So if anything hits my car it starts recording. Think it was £180, one of the best things I’ve purchased. Ok wouldn’t prevent the damage but at least you might know more.
Probably too much damage for a cycle but no harm in asking your neighbours if they saw anything. You are not accusing them of anything and if they did have any involvement it may make them own up.

Body panels are newer cars are designed to crumple so as lessen injury so even something like some furniture or something being scrapped across may have done it.

I hope you get to the bottom of it.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I suspect this issue will never be bottomed out but I would hazard a guess that the damage happened elsewhere when the car was parked unattended and the damage wasn't spotted.

If it couldn't have happened on your drive that's the only explanation.

Anywhere on the route to your house that has CCTV that would show the damaged side? If so that's worth exploring if the owner of the camera will allow you to view the footage.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Where have you been too, that the car was unattended? If it was in a car park, they may have cctv, worth retracing your journey to see if any solution x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I suspect this issue will never be bottomed out but I would hazard a guess that the damage happened elsewhere when the car was parked unattended and the damage wasn't spotted.

If it couldn't have happened on your drive that's the only explanation.

Anywhere on the route to your house that has CCTV that would show the damaged side? If so that's worth exploring if the owner of the camera will allow you to view the footage.
That’s what I was thinking - I know we would think we’d have spotted something so major but I know myself if I’m distracted and want to get indoors for something I could easily shut a door behind me without even a glance back, and would only notice when approaching the car again I think.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List