Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Nov 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Anybody have a Quooker tap?

Been to view the house we’re buying today and I notice it has a Quooker tap.

The estate agent showed us round as the owners have already moved out so we weren’t able to ask them any questions today.

We’re putting together some questions to send via the agent and I wondered about the tap and servicing/filter changes.

Anybody know if they need servicing or to have filters changed and if I should ask when this was last done?

Any other questions I should ask relating to it?

I also don’t want to bombard the owners with unnecessary questions 😬

I’ve found conflicting info online so would be good to hear from someone with experience.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi a pal has one and swears by it. Apparently easy maintenance.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The advice is to change the filter every five years. Descaling is the other thing you will need to do, how often depends on the hardness of the water where you live. This just stops anything clogging up but it’s easy peasy. You can order spare parts if need be from a link on their website but we haven’t needed too.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We had one fitted when we did our refurb. Would not go back to a kettle. In fact we havent boiled a kettle since moving in.
Proper boiling water rather than off the boil water you get from a kettle. Wouldn't ever want to go back to a kettle. Expensive but worth every penny.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve 2.

One in our main family home and another by chance in our Edinburgh city work place.

Brilliant and would never be without one. The main one was fitted 12 years ago and never given us any trouble. The other is 6 years old and the same.

Tea/Coffee is perfect and we don’t own a kettle. Rinsing lentils, rice, pasta, boiling water for stock cubes👍
The tap valve is similar to a medicine/bleach bottle so is very difficult for the young to accidentally turn on. Our children were 5 and 7 when we first got one installed and it was impossible for them to use it, so we were happy with the safety aspect.

Never had to descale mine. Only the newer duo water/sparkling/ boiling taps need filter changes. We looked into changing one of ours but since we have decent quality water it wasn’t worth it..

Edited at 12:01 AM.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all, sounds like I don’t need to worry about questions re the tap as it’s only about 4-5 years old.

I’ll take a look at YouTube for videos on cleaning it out myself.

Looking forward to not having to wait for the kettle to boil for a cuppa 😍
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List