Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Nov 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Help, Emma Mattress pickle

I won’t go into the back story, its all in my post on the Christmas section. But basically I wanted two Emma Mattress’s
Received one but unopened as it is for Christmas. Wowcher & a similar company had them on 50% (ish) discount. Out of stock but then suddenly came back in stock.
Getting over excited at the prospect of saving £300 (on two mattresses) I quickly ordered, paid and redeemed 2 mattresses.
I arranged for my original one to be returned with full refund.

Then comes the small print. Which I should gave read beforehand (hindsight is a wonderful thing)
These mattresses are renewed! Basically ones that have been used for 100 days and returned! They are supposed to be fully checked and a new outer layer put on.
But if I knew that I would not have ordered! So lets say I am stressed.
I have emailed them so waiting a reply because I want to cancel. (Paid via paypal)
I never realised that a mattress could be re sold after use! Maybe given to charity etc but not sold. The fact was very well hidden so I am miffed!
So would you get a renewed mattress?
Am I over reacting? Or is the idea as gross as I am thinking.
Someone sleeping, sweating, hanky panky goings on etc 🤢
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It wouldn’t bother me. They will be cleaned and recovered.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

If it’s a very good reduction I’d be happy with it.
I suggest you never think about what’s gone on on any beds you sleep on in a hotel 😬😂

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well when you go on holiday you sleep on mattresses that 100s have slept on . And who knows what those people have been up to 😂😂
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Agree about the hotel thing, we have no idea who’s been on them or what they’ve been doing! Although I must admit if I wake up and the sheet has come off the mattress then I do cringe a little.

With that being said, I have had a second hand mattress. It was from my auntie’s spare room, which her son used occasionally.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

By the time you put on your mattress protector and sheet, your never on the actual mattress anyway.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Aw, bless you all. Loving the positivity and I honestly feel better. I don’t know if anyone has ever noticed on here before but I do stress out from time to time 🙈🙈🙈
I feel much calmer now and didnt even think of the hotel situation. Honestly, thank you x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
On first read it does seem a bit odd but then again it may have only been used for a few nights and then new outerlayer so "as new". I often wondered what happened when a mattress was returned after being used as a lot of shops have a similar return policy. Personally I would not knowingly buy a renewed mattress or a second hand one either but some people obviously do.

When you go on holiday you are sleeping for a few weeks on a mattress that has been used by probably hundreds of people and we all do it knowing what might have gone on !

I'm sure there will be a way you can cancel the order. You can probably cancel the return of your other one too so would not stress about it and just send of some emails or make calls in the morning. Having read your other thread I would just spend the extra money on new one's given you have saved moeny on one of the beds or just buy cheaper one's from Argos or similar.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

We bought a Tempur mattress that was a showroom one so loads of people had tried it out, but it was half the price of a new one so couldn’t pass up the bargain!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I would also be ok with it. In fact I wish I'd thought of it when I bought two full price matresses
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List