Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Nov 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkyoshi
Proud to wear my Ears

Passport

Have bitten the bullet and sent off my passport renewal by post (I know I could have done it online but we don’t have a suitable background) and was just wondering if any other dibbers had sent theirs off by post recently and how long it took for your new passport to come through?
pinkyoshi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

a colleague got his back inside a week

non EU black / dark blue ? cover

EDIT this was online ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I posted DS old passport off on Saturday and I got a message today saying they had received it and will be in touch if they needed to. I filled his application out online. They haven’t asked for a referee to confirm it’s him though which I thought they would have? (He’s 15 and this is his 4th passport.)

Edited to add: I’ll let you know if it arrives any time soon.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I have just applied for my 4 boys passports. I applied online then sent the old passports back in the post.

I applied for 3 last Monday and posted the passports on Tuesday. I have had text and emails today to confirm all 3 passports have been authorised (they went to 3 different passport offices), 2 have been sent out today, the other will be sent out tomorrow.

The 4th passport I applied for on Saturday and had a text today to say that the old passport has been received and passport authorised/being printed. That one should be sent out tomorrow as well. It seems to be a very quick turnaround at the moment.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Did my granddaughters online end of August
Due to a complete name change it was treated as a new passport rather than renewal

Back within 2 weeks
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Mine wasn’t due to expire until Jan 2022 but it was issued in April 2011 & had 9 months for the previous passport added on.
It would have therefore been valid for our Christmas 2020 Florida trip but as that’s been cancelled & it not being valid for EU travel after 31st December 2020, I decided to renew it now.
I sent mine off via Post Office check & send last Monday; had a text yesterday to say received & being dealt with. Will see how long it takes.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
My passport expired in August but I hadn't renewed it with no intention of travelling abroad anytime soon. Recently though, I found I needed it for ID purposes quite urgently so I applied online two weeks ago and the new passport arrived 5 working days later which I was very impressed with.

I guess the passport office probably don't have a lot of applications right now but on the other hand, they probably have fewer staff working too.

Debra
Old 18 Nov 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Got a text today to say the application has been approved. So it’s been 4 days so far since I posted off the old passport. Let’s see how long it takes to arrive. 😊
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I did mine online late last Monday (9th) send the old passport Tuesday (10th) got a recieved you old passport message Monday (16th) then the app approved new passport sent tuesday (17th) and it arrived today (19th) I’m impressed to be honest! Our photos took a bit of wangling, but it was nice and easy!
Now drivers licence on the other hand... need to get on to DVLA about!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

Hubby applied online and his took twelve days.