Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Can you still get the extra $100 from Disney which I have activated if you go through Quidco or tcb? How ? Thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

So lets put this in perspective...

There are many resorts and room types that are not avl for 2020.

No way in the world that these rooms, resorts are fully booked, crammed to the rafters for the dates you want. This is just impossible for this time in 2019.

Now, the majority of old wise dibbers on here suggest that Disney are doing a bit of hokey cokey with these rooms, so they can put them on the web on 25th April. That is where I am at. I am also sure the number of room types that will be included in the free ddp offer will be limited to some extent.

We all however accept that in the last 12 months and up until the 50th anniversary there is a shed load of stuff going on and Disney is changing. As a consequence of this, things that we accepted as normal in the past are no more. So perhaps what happened in the past will not be replicated in the future?

Fact is we can only book what is available, and in my case, if the free dining is not available or sold out, i will just book my desired resort and room type, then pay the additional for-the ddp. We mostly have over a year to save the extra. Yes that sucks but its not the worst thing that could happen in your life.

So in summary, it is not worth stressing, what will be will be, you cannot out think or indeed out mavoeuvre Disney!

Roll on 25th

Disney332
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some of the rooms are back on 🙂

Edited to add - not many POFQ reappeared for our dates, but only pool view.

Edited at 07:58 AM.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Appreciate things have happened a certain way in the past but a good friend (well seasoned Disney free dining traveller) who is looking to book has heard to avoid the over selling/unavailability and resulting upgrades, as stock is pre-requested/registered the real time room inventory is being adjusted accordingly. Take that for what it's worth, there's always rumours flying around.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Appreciate things have happened a certain way in the past but a good friend (well seasoned Disney free dining traveller) who is looking to book has heard to avoid the over selling/unavailability and resulting upgrades, as stock is pre-requested/registered the real time room inventory is being adjusted accordingly. Take that for what it's worth, there's always rumours flying around.
Appreciate the post...but

If WDW are adjusting the stock according to pre-requests and new registrations (TAs by definition )
then why would they do this and place WDW holidays ( their own TA ) at a material disadvantage?

Disney332
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

#FakeNews
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
#FakeNews
Lol quite possibly, but then none of us know and with the change in dates I don't think anyone can take anything for granted. I'm currently booked offsite but if the free dining is attractive enough at my preferred deluxe I will have no hesitation in switching. I'm hoping it is indeed fake news as my preferred resort (if free dining is attractive enough) isn't even showing at the moment.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Lol quite possibly, but then none of us know and with the change in dates I don't think anyone can take anything for granted. I'm currently booked offsite but if the free dining is attractive enough at my preferred deluxe I will have no hesitation in switching. I'm hoping it is indeed fake news as my preferred resort (if free dining is attractive enough) isn't even showing at the moment.
Same every year...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Same every year...
Fair enough although last time my room category showed throughout
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Fair enough although last time my room category showed throughout
Others didn't and I think that is the key point...