Notices

Old 22 Sep 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

The 10 year return Oct 1018

I am going to try and keep this all quite brief, as I can waffle!

I am also not including photos of ourselves for privacy, and tbh we aren’t all that pretty there may be some pictures in the report with our faces blocked out if you are lucky! But you may really hit the jack pot if there are any cracking photos of me on fast rides. I am notoriously awful and a photo of me on a rollercoaster in Holland last year virtually went viral as my face was THAT bad...

Our cast include;
Myself, 36 years old Mum and wife, midwife, obsessive holiday planner. EverY spare moment is spent planning holidays, some years in advance!

Hubby, 39, runs family business, always initially fakes a protest about another holiday booking but always has a blast. He is the most chilled, happy person you could meet. He just goes with the flow and let’s me organise everything and anything. He made the mistake recently of suggesting he was going to book a holiday away as a surprise. He has learnt his lesson and won’t be suggesting such a thing again

Son, 15, football player (goalie with zero fear and literally throws himself into the action) Xbox mad, much to my dislike. He is a very good kid, he isn’t embarrassed to get excited about stuff.

Daughter 11, a very creative little person! She can create 30 page books in a few hours with very elbrate stories and picture! Loves Disney and animals, Disney animals even more so!

We have a gorgeous cat Molly, very aloof, and dog Casper, a super happy, sweet westie. He is the total love of our family, he melts us all. We have only had him 2 years since 8 weeks old. He goes to a co-workers dog ‘kennel’ when we abandon him for holidays but really lives along side the family, he love it! He has been about 6 times now and gets really depressed when he comes home!

Our original trip was Florida Feb 2018. Come May 2017 I had it all planned to the ninth degree. Flights, villa, car, all ready to book on the Wednesday when the kids were at school. Wednesday morning hubby calls. Really anxious that I hadn’t just booked the Florida Holiday. His sister, who he runs the business with, announced her pregnancy (4th) therefore she would be off approx Nov-April. Ok, fab news about another nephew or niece (spoiler alert; nephew!) but it put scuppers to Florida!

We have to be quite specific about dates. We don’t do heat well, so winter it has to be, also our son has a congenital skin condition which means we have to be very careful in the sun as he is high risk of developing skin cancer. The only other time we could go with school holidays when it’s not too hot is Christmas, but work don’t allow annual leave over Christmas, so it HAS to be February or nothing! And now son is sitting his GCSE’s 2019 it has to be Feb 2020

Anyway. I decided it was going to be a fab year or so of shorter holidays. Hubby and I went to Boston beginning of November 17 for our anniversary prior to SIL going on mat leave.

We had a fab time and recommend it to anyone. Slight issue was she delivered 6 weeks early, the day we left the U.K... ooooops, terrible timing and a lot of stress on the business, but it’s still going so there we go!
Then we took the kids to NYC for Easter, our third time, their first. It was great finally sharing our honeymoon destination with them, and somewhere we love so much.

And then finally this holiday to DLP! It is our third trip, the others being along time ago! About 10 years, so like newbies again.

We stayed at Santa Fe first time and New Port bay second, which we loved. This time I wanted to do semi budget given our other holidays this year. I gave the kids the option and they choose hotel Cheyenne, fine by me!

We are going 18th to 22 October, free half board standard.
Transport. We have flown and used Eurostar. Both good options but this time I decided to drive, can’t remember why lol we were offered free crossing with our booking but the timings weren’t great, missing hours of park time. So I used tesco vouchers for free crossing, leaving Dover 06.40, arriving in Calais around 09.10. We haven’t done the ferry anywhere before so slightly looking forward to it and nervous!

We are staying at PI Dover the night before as live 3hrs away, plus rush hour. We are cutting school 2 days before the end of term due to how my rota works. So hopefully we arrive about 7, and have dinner out that night

IN terms of our Disney plans; mainly going with the flow. We aren’t the biggest roller coaster family although I am looking forward to BTM and pirates, Peter Pan and Snow White. Hubby is convinced we are just going to walk around looking at things and go on nothing lol we are mainly about food too... so that’s been the focus of our chats mainly
The kids still want to do meet and greets, which surprised me.
I have booked Character breakfast at plaza gardens to see some there.
ADC for the Sunday. Daughter very excited about that, son not hiding his excitement! They are both good eaters so should enjoy the more grown up food.
I also have Remys booked, plaza gardens dinner and hunters grill. On the last day we are going to the rainforest cafe before departing.
I also booked PI for the homeward journey to save 7 hrs driving over night.
With that, I am off to bed now as on nights starting tonight. I am very open to suggestions so please feel free!

Edited at 02:10 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DevonPumpkin
Earning More Ears

Great start to your trip report, sounds like you've got some really good plans! And I see you've picked almost exactly the same restaurants that I'm planning to reserve, good choices

Look forward to reading more
DevonPumpkin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds great - some of our favourite restaurants in there! and we've stayed at Cheyenne quite a few times now as we do DLP as girls trips and fairly budget friendly, it's a lovely walk into the parks from there.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks x we are getting sooo excited now!

I am however debating moving our ferry 2.20hrs earlier so we can get to the park around 11 instead of 1, as I keep hearing check in is mega long lines, also longer in the park!
A one way ferry ticket for the earlier is €12, bargain! But they don’t serve food before the 06.40 ferry though, so would be a muffin and fruit job?!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List