Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 9 Jul 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Screwfix click and collect, photo ID?

I've just ordered some plug sockets to click and collect over the weekend at screwfix. i paid by paypal and after making the order it said to bring photo ID and it has to match the name on the paypal account.

Do I really? for £30! slight issue... my paypal account is really old and has my old maiden name on it. I also don't have a driver's licence so it would have to be my passport. Am I worrying over nothing? its only plug sockets! lol

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We always do click and collect at screw fix and pay with paypal. Never had to show id
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Screwfix always say you need I’d etc
And proof off payment
Though I’ve been few times over the last month they never ask me only asked the order number
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I've just ordered some plug sockets to click and collect over the weekend at screwfix. i paid by paypal and after making the order it said to bring photo ID and it has to match the name on the paypal account.

Do I really? for £30! slight issue... my paypal account is really old and has my old maiden name on it. I also don't have a driver's licence so it would have to be my passport. Am I worrying over nothing? its only plug sockets! lol
I bought a hose reel from Screwfix about a month ago via Paypal. All I took was the order receipt on my mobile. No issues at all.

Mick
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

phew! started envisaging and argument in screwfix haha, fingers crossed. x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

From personal experience, I have never been asked for any ID, just needed to tell them my surname and the last digits of the order number. I guess they might ask for photo ID for high value items.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve always been asked for I.D at Screwfix - not sure why?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I usually order stuff and get my son to pick it up on his way home from his work. Saves double journeys as it’s only just over a mile from his work. He’s never been asked for id, just the order number.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dil2373
Getting Excited

Use Screwfix click & collect regularly, usually only ask for ID for high value items, but if for some reason you don't collect the item your payment is paid back into your Paypal account (think its after 21 days)