Notices

Old 10 Oct 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Two updates! We have managed to book our return points flights with Virgin today. We are flying direct on Premium Economy home which means 2 pieces of luggage each on the way home! 🥳 so happy

Also we have booked a Birthday Dinner at Bull and Bear for Cooper’s 15th Birthday. I am super excited for this and I am not sure how I am going to choose what to have, although the chicken looks amazing, as does the lemon dessert!

Only car hire to book now!
You have great taste- this is what Brett wants to do for his 40th, definitely ordering the fried chicken! Glad you have booked your flights too thats always the worst thing to be waiting to book!

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
You have great taste- this is what Brett wants to do for his 40th, definitely ordering the fried chicken! Glad you have booked your flights too thats always the worst thing to be waiting to book!
Thanks Nicki, I know I must be on the right track if you and Brett want to go to Bull and Bear! You have excellent taste in food and cocktails. I did say that there is so much on the menu that we might need to go twice to fit everything in.

Yes, we are so pleased to have our flights sorted. We would like to upgrade our flights to MCO as we have so many points currently but there doesn’t seem to be much availability. We are just pleased to have seats on flights! Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 22, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
It has been a busy day! Adam has booked our pre- travel day accommodation at the Raddison Blu Manchester Airport. Thankfully they availability for the Club Level Rooms, so we will be able to relax in the lounge, I can drink wine and the boys can watch the planes coming and going from the airport! 😉🥂🍾

He has also booked the car parking and ‘fast security’ at the airport. Not sure we are going to need the express service at the airport but I am hoping by August that travel will be a bit more normal. 😬

I felt a bit left out so I booked a cabana at Volcano Bay for the day whilst we are staying at RPR. 😆

Our last August visit was in 2019 and I’m worried that we won’t be able to manage a full water park day in the Summer heat without some kind of shelter. The boys loved the priority seating at Christmas but it will probably be about 15 deg c hotter when we go this time. After watching a few vlogs we decided to request an upper level cabana and they said to get there early to be more specific about what area we would prefer.

We are still watching Orlando Park vlogs and we are prepared for things to be quite hectic at Disney. I’m not sure how many early mornings we will manage as Cooper has turned into a teenager and now likes to sleep in! 😱 I’m looking forward to following along with everyone else’s travels over the next few months for some tips/hints. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
It has been a busy day! Adam has booked our pre- travel day accommodation at the Raddison Blu Manchester Airport. Thankfully they availability for the Club Level Rooms, so we will be able to relax in the lounge, I can drink wine and the boys can watch the planes coming and going from the airport! 😉🥂🍾

He has also booked the car parking and ‘fast security’ at the airport. Not sure we are going to need the express service at the airport but I am hoping by August that travel will be a bit more normal. 😬

I felt a bit left out so I booked a cabana at Volcano Bay for the day whilst we are staying at RPR. 😆

Our last August visit was in 2019 and I’m worried that we won’t be able to manage a full water park day in the Summer heat without some kind of shelter. The boys loved the priority seating at Christmas but it will probably be about 15 deg c hotter when we go this time. After watching a few vlogs we decided to request an upper level cabana and they said to get there early to be more specific about what area we would prefer.

We are still watching Orlando Park vlogs and we are prepared for things to be quite hectic at Disney. I’m not sure how many early mornings we will manage as Cooper has turned into a teenager and now likes to sleep in! 😱 I’m looking forward to following along with everyone else’s travels over the next few months for some tips/hints. 😁
Great update, we have runway view too but no lounge as were going to the city to watch Lion King, loving the VB seating im tempted to surprise Brett with this. I feel ya on the Disney crowds, not gona lie were dreading it, i can see us doing early mornings and getting out of there late afternoon. Just watching vlogs at the minute and the prices at Disney have even got us dropping our jaw, $19 for a Valentines Mimosa in a tiny plastic flute 😲😲 definitely going to be spending a lot of time off site- bring on Millers and Bahama Breeze

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Great update, we have runway view too but no lounge as were going to the city to watch Lion King, loving the VB seating im tempted to surprise Brett with this. I feel ya on the Disney crowds, not gona lie were dreading it, i can see us doing early mornings and getting out of there late afternoon. Just watching vlogs at the minute and the prices at Disney have even got us dropping our jaw, $19 for a Valentines Mimosa in a tiny plastic flute 😲😲 definitely going to be spending a lot of time off site- bring on Millers and Bahama Breeze
Nicki, I am really trying not to overthink the crows levels. 😬 Adam has already suggested we cut short out time at Disney and head back to the beach for a few days before we fly home. He is worried about how crazy it is going to be and I keep trying to reassure him that we will just take it as it comes. I am just thrilled to be finally (hopefully) going back to Orlando!

We are total off-site fans, loads of great restaurants with well priced food and cocktails! 😉🍸🥂🍾 $19 before tip for a cocktail is pricey. 😱 thank goodness for Happy Hour!
Old 24 Feb 22, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
A quick update! I have just reconfirmed with Debbie - Angelbabe here on The Dibb for her parcel holding service. We have used her several times and she is excellent! I find shopping in Orlando can be a bit hit and miss, however you can take advantage of all the sales/offers buy buying online before you go. 😆

whenyouwishgifts/

I have just picked up some lovely Rae Dunn pieces from TJMaxx and also Marshalls and saved loads.

Old 24 Feb 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
What fabulous plans. So glad to see you got POFQ, much nicer than Pop. Club level at RPR is so good, we loved that.

Feel like I’m missing out on the meet ups again going in July rather than August and like Adam, I’m concerned over the madness of Disney, we have 8 nights at POFQ booked and can’t decide to keep it or not. If I dumped it we could upgrade to club level at a portofino, assuming of course it’s possible to speak to BA holidays between now and July 😂
Old 24 Feb 22, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
What fabulous plans. So glad to see you got POFQ, much nicer than Pop. Club level at RPR is so good, we loved that.

Feel like I’m missing out on the meet ups again going in July rather than August and like Adam, I’m concerned over the madness of Disney, we have 8 nights at POFQ booked and can’t decide to keep it or not. If I dumped it we could upgrade to club level at a portofino, assuming of course it’s possible to speak to BA holidays between now and July 😂
Thank you ☺️ I’m really looking forward to getting away again, it just feels like forever since I have felt that lovely warm Florida heat! We do love POFQ and I can’t wait for Club Level at RPR. It is a shame that we aren’t going to cross paths, I really think we will all need to have a U.K. catch up to rectify that. 🍾🥂🤩

We keep talking it back and forth about our Disney reservation - the boys love Universal (just like your boys) and they prefer to eat off-site too. I honestly think they would just prefer to head back to Naples or St Pete Beach for the last 9 days and ditch Disney.

I don’t envy your decision- Club Level at Portofino looks fab, thankfully you have a little bit of time before you need to decide. Xx
Old 24 Feb 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
My plan at the moment is to hold off cancelling Disney till there are more trip reports to read.
I’ve been looking for a good deal to book Aventura or sapphire for those 8 nights as a back up.

First world problems really. I don’t want to go and maybe regret not doing Disney but I don’t want to go and spend all that money and find it frustrating.
Old 24 Feb 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
My plan at the moment is to hold off cancelling Disney till there are more trip reports to read.
I’ve been looking for a good deal to book Aventura or sapphire for those 8 nights as a back up.

First world problems really. I don’t want to go and maybe regret not doing Disney but I don’t want to go and spend all that money and find it frustrating.
This is me! I have total FOMO at Disney 😂 I absolutely love Sapphire Falls, we haven’t actually stayed there but we have spent a couple of afternoons at their pool when we were at RPR. The best bit is, you have a trip booked and I know it will be awesome however you choose to do it! 😁 I’m just looking forward to some HOT weather and sunshine (with several afternoon rainstorms thrown in for good measure).