Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Fantasmic, World of Color, Main Street Eclectic Parade and Other Entertainment Return in 2022

From Disney Parks Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2021
More Fan-Favorite Entertainment Returns to Disneyland Resort in 2022, Including ‘Celebrate Gospel!’ and ‘Tale of the Lion King’
Kelsey Lynch, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort
by Kelsey Lynch, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Whether it’s a parade, show or musical performance, the entertainment at the Disneyland Resort is always a must-see. Disney live entertainment has a way of making your visit to the resort extra magical!

Since reopening the Disneyland Resort earlier this year, we’ve been able to bring back lots of fan-favorite entertainment, from the Disneyland Band to “Disney Junior Dance Party!,” plus lots of current holiday offerings including “A Christmas Fantasy” parade and “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks at Disneyland park to “Disney ˇViva Navidad!” street party and “Mickey’s Happy Holidays” over at Disney California Adventure park.

We’re thrilled to announce that even more entertainment will be returning to the Disneyland Resort in 2022! An expanded “Celebrate Gospel!” musical celebration will come to Disneyland park in February, and this spring, “Tale of the Lion King” will return, but this time to the Fantasyland Theater at Disneyland park. Plus, cherished nighttime spectaculars will return this spring to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Read a bit more about each, below!

“Celebrate Gospel!”

Disneyland Resort will celebrate the soulful spirit of Gospel music with the return of “Celebrate Gospel!” In 2022, “Celebrate Gospel!” will expand and feature live choir performances, each sharing its own distinctive style and inspiration. This powerful event moves to the Fantasyland Theater at Disneyland park where guests will be able to enjoy uplifting choir performances on select days during the month of February.

“Tale of the Lion King”

This spring, the Fantasyland Theater at Disneyland park will become home to “Tale of the Lion King,” an imaginative adaptation of Disney’s “The Lion King.” A hit with guests when it debuted in 2019 at Disney California Adventure park, “Tale of the Lion King” is brought to life by the Storytellers of the Pride Lands, a troupe of traveling performers who present Simba’s beloved and timeless journey in a unique story-theater style with live music and dance.

“Main Street Electrical Parade”

In time to celebrate its 50th anniversary, the “Main Street Electrical Parade” will make its grand return to Disneyland park! This spectacular pageant of nighttime magic and imagination will be led by the iconic train and drum unit featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy, and proclaiming in lights: “Disneyland Presents – Main Street Electrical Parade.” The parade brings back many guest favorites including Elliot the Dragon and floats from “Alice in Wonderland,” “Cinderella” and “Peter Pan.”

“Fantasmic!”

“Fantasmic!” ≈has been a “must-see” show for guests for nearly 30 years at Disneyland park. Disney’s longest-running nighttime spectacular is an emotional, energy-filled extravaganza of colorful Disney animated film images, choreographed to an exciting musical score. The waters of the Rivers of America come alive as Mickey Mouse’s power of imagination enables him to create fantastic events and images as seen in some of our most beloved Disney classic films such as “Fantasia,” “The Jungle Book,” “The Little Mermaid” and more. The original fanfare and theme song make this show a Disneyland classic.

“World of Color”

You also will be thrilled to gather around Paradise Bay at Disney California Adventure park this spring to enjoy “World of Color,” a unique combination of music, fire, fog and laser effects, with Disney animation projected on an immense screen of water. The unforgettable kaleidoscope of color has enthralled millions of guests at Disney California Adventure as it brings the magic and fun of Disney and Pixar films to life ≈– all set to a soaring soundtrack. Audiences are immersed in some favorite Disney stories with memorable sequences of animation and music, including scenes like WALL-E and Eve zipping through the cosmos and Pocahontas exploring just around the riverbend.

“Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular

“Disneyland Forever” is a sky-high celebration filled with sparkling pyrotechnics and immersive projections that envelop guests in a breathtaking journey with surprising special effects. Main Street, U.S.A., and a few other spots in Disneyland park become a magical canvas as guests are swept into a world of dreams, from flying above the London skyline with “Peter Pan” to a dance with King Louie in “The Jungle Book.” Two original songs, “Live the Magic” and the inspiring closing song “Kiss Goodnight,” were written by Disney Legend Richard Sherman.

We’ll share additional details about the return of each of these exciting entertainment offerings on the Disney Parks Blog, soon – so keep your eyes peeled for more!
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hipstalike
Proud to wear my Ears

Hipstalike's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hope to catch them when I go in April. Fingers crossed that most of them will have returned by then. Sad to see no mention of Magic Happens though, that parade looked amazing.
Hipstalike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hipstalike View Post
Hope to catch them when I go in April. Fingers crossed that most of them will have returned by then. Sad to see no mention of Magic Happens though, that parade looked amazing.
I'm planning to return to Disneyland in June , so the news about Fantasmic is amazing, its my favourite show. World of Color I don't mind but having seen it a few times its not on my to do list.

The Main Street Electric Parade I have only seen once, so I'm looking forward to that.

The Lion King Show I might or might not do. The theatre is in an out of the way corner, near Toontown, si it depends on how my days work out.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I was hoping to have a date for MSEP but presuming that "in time for the anniversary" will mean some time in late spring since it debuted in mid June. Also hoping it sticks around longer than last time as I'd rather go in fall than summer.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I was hoping to have a date for MSEP but presuming that "in time for the anniversary" will mean some time in late spring since it debuted in mid June. Also hoping it sticks around longer than last time as I'd rather go in fall than summer.
I saw it in June 2017, when Rivers of America was drained for the construction of Galaxys Edge. I did a dining package at Blue Bayou and was in a viewing section opposite Main Street Train Station.

While the parade is really great and the music will be in your head the rest of the night, the dining package was not worth it. Blue Bayou is my go to restaurant, so thats why I did the dining package. At my meal I got a light up lanyard which I had to wear for access to the viewing area.

As far as I can remember the menu was the same as I usually do for the Fantasmic Dining Package.

There was really no point in paying extra for the viewing area for MSEP, the people on the opposite site of the street had exactly the same viewpoint for free. There was no seating, I sat on the curb, just the same as the people on the the opposite site of the street and the people behind me were standing.
Old 10 Dec 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
World of colour is lovely we really enjoyed it. Also found the electric light parade to be really good. Sadly we have never seen the fireworks in Disneyland because if there’s a sniff of a breeze they cancel it.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List