Notices

Old 28 Dec 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Looks like we check in same day at music I’m doing the LA trip before arriving in Music. I’ve been keeping a close eye on your thread as I liked your planning. Hopefully your trip goes ahead and boris doesn’t lock people down again.

Music looks great roll on august

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
Looks like we check in same day at music I’m doing the LA trip before arriving in Music. I’ve been keeping a close eye on your thread as I liked your planning. Hopefully your trip goes ahead and boris doesn’t lock people down again.

Music looks great roll on august
That's great about LA. I just didn't want to risk it. Very disappointed not to be going but do feel we've made the right choice for us. Very jealous of you though

See you at All Star Music
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
That's great about LA. I just didn't want to risk it. Very disappointed not to be going but do feel we've made the right choice for us. Very jealous of you though

See you at All Star Music
You will get there one day, enjoy florida i love being there, i stayed at movies for 1 night in december but thought i would do longer on my august trip and explore the hotel more maybe a pool day or something too :-)

so excited now, wish i booked when the offer was on for the dining credits and gift card though :-( but all is good im going and im happy with the price.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
New Year and feeling a little more optimistic. Really hoping as many are saying it’s just a winter thing and by the time the spring and summer come along then everything will be much better. First substantial payment isn’t due until mid May so plenty of time to see how things pan out.

Not been doing much planning, in all honesty I’ve been struggling with my eyesight and looking at tablets and screens has been awkward. I couldn’t even read the menu at Wagamama’s the other day! We always have to careful because of Evie’s condition so had an eye test with scans to check my eyes. All fine bar it’s varifocal glasses time for me Once I get them hoping it will be easier getting back on the computer to plan! Hard work even doing this update!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I agree I think winter will be the worst. I’ve not really got a lot of doubt about summer although we are due to go in february and I’m not seeing that happening.

I’ve been looking at Disney menus for summer but they all look a little more bare bones than normal but hopefully their staffing and offerings will also be better by summer.
Old 1 Jan 22, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I agree I think winter will be the worst. I’ve not really got a lot of doubt about summer although we are due to go in february and I’m not seeing that happening.

I’ve been looking at Disney menus for summer but they all look a little more bare bones than normal but hopefully their staffing and offerings will also be better by summer.
I’m actually thinking less and less about meals onsite. We will do a few but think we are going to go offsite for most.
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Feeling more confident so I’ve done the first part of our itinerary The 12 days at Disney to come later.

Sunday 7th August

Arrive Tampa
Drive to Cabana Bay
Check in
Food court for dinner

Monday 8th August

Breakfast out tbc
Shopping for supplies prob Target and dragged to rubbish shops like Dollar Tree
Chill at pool Cabana Bay
Late afternoon Teak Neighborhood Bar and Grill

Tuesday August 9th

Grab breakfast on the go
All day Kennedy Space Centre
Dinner out on way back

Wednesday August 10th

Early breakfast
Busch Gardens all day
Hopefully Mannys Chophouse Haines City

Thursday August 11th

Dreaded shopping day at Premium Outlets
Dinner maybe Cheesecake Factory

Friday August 12th

Early check in at Royal Pacific Resort
Islands Od Adventure all day
All food tbc

Saturday August 13th

Universal Studios all day
All food tbc

Sunday August 14th

Islands Of Adventure
Some shops elsewhere
All food tbc

Monday 15th August[

Volcano Bay until early afternoon
Icon Park and Idrive

Tuesday 16th August

Universal Studios all day
Cowfish

Wednesday 17th August to Monday 29th August Disney plans to follow
Old 14 Jan 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Itinerary Part 2. This is the Disney part which is 12 nights. Very light on meals here. Really undecided on whether we will be eating much onsite yet or not. We have a few ADRS that we will definitely do.

Wednesday 17th August

Check in Disney All Star Music
Magic Kingdom park reservations
Disney Springs in the evening to collect giftcards
Maybe Homecomin for dinner

Thursday 18th August

Epcot park reservations

All food tbc

Friday 19th August

Hollywood Studios park reservations

100% I will be doing Rise Of The Resistance lightning lane

All food tbc

Saturday 20th August

Animal Kingdom reservations

Tusker House breakfast

All other food tbc

Sunday 21st August

Maybe a bit of shopping in the morning
Ohana dinner. I'm determined to have a successful meal here one day!
Enchantment!
All other food tbc

Monday 22nd August

Blizzard Beach until early afternoon
Epcot park reservations
Possibly Nine Dragons dinner
Harmonious
All other food tbc

Tuesday 23rd August

Disney Springs evening
Maybe T-Rex dinner
All other food tbc

Wednesday 24th august

Kelly birthday
Animal Kingdom park reservations
Yak and Yeti dinner
All other food tbc

Thursday 25th August

Potential free morning
Epcot park reservations
All food tbc

Friday 26th August

Maybe Typhoon Lagoon morning
Hoping possibly MNSSHP or Boo Bash
All food tbc

Saturday 27th August

Hoping Fantasmic back
All food tbc

Sunday 28th August

Last shopping bits
Maybe last night special meal
All other food tbc

Monday 29th August

Morning Animal Kingdom park reservations
Rainforest Cafe early lunch
Drive to Tampa
Flights home
Old 27 Jan 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
So I’ve been looking at Volcano Bay and Busch Gardens this week. Two places that last time I didn’t plan and it showed when we visited.

Busch Gardens was a disaster, we went on the busiest day in history where everything broke down and we couldn’t even get anything to eat as it was rammed with School kids in coloured t-shirts. I complained and got free tickets. I’ve had to email a couple of times to extend the validity of the tickets. I love a coaster and Sheikra is my all time favourite ride. I can’t wait to ride it again! It was down last time. I’m really looking forward to Iron Gwazi as well. I went on the old one last in 2006 on our honeymoon and it was so rough my shoe broke I got quick que unlimited in a Black Friday deal for the 4 of us. I’m not going there without as we want to make the most of the day. One of the few rides we did last time was Cheetah Hunt. I didn’t know it had a little loop so dad of the year was worried the girls would be scarred for life(part 1) but thankfully they loved it. I’m hoping they will go on some more big rides this time. I think I’ve got a better idea on how to tackle Busch Gardens this time. Hoping a we can make a cheeky detour to Haines City and the Original Mannys Chophouse on the way home

Volcano Bay hasn’t been great for us. We were there for opening in 2017 and I paid a fortune for premium seating. We were going second day it opened. The news reports for opening day were so horrific so we decided against it. We only made a fleeting visit in 2019 due to time constraints . I had no idea where to head once inside and so we’re walking round like headless chickens. I thought let’s try the drop slide without realising it dropped 6 feet into a pool(hint, the name is DROP SLIDE) so dad of the year, scarred for life(part 2) Both girls lived to tell the tale though. I also broke my little toe when I bashed it on the edge of the walkway. I’m pleased that I never swear in front of my daughters. That incident was my one and only slip and the the F word came flying out. I’ve been trying to work out a plan to know where we are going once inside. We are going to go from Cabana Bay and use early entry. Will probably do until lunchtime and then the rest of the day will be the dreaded shopping day.

I’m more and more certain that it will be just 4 or 5 table service meals at Disney over our 12 nights. I’m not going to book more and really think majority of the time it will be offsite without a reservation to wherever we fancy, when we want rather than being tied to an adr. I have a large list of places we can select. Same for Universal. I think 3 meals at Citywalk over our 10 nights onsite and everything else will be offsite wherever the mood takes us.

I started my diet on January 4th, the day I went back to work after Xmas. I’m being real strict and in a routine now. I’m confident I’ll stick to it

Thanks for reading. More plans to come.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Old 29 Jan 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
First definite food place decided We(I) want BBQ. Kelly saw pictures of a place called Sonny’s BBQ and the food looked great. Did some research and saw most of the locations looked a bit too far away. I then realised I have to swap cars 6 days in at MCO(a pain but a hangover from changing the LA part of the holiday) well there is branch of Sonny’s 5 minutes from MCO. Sorted Only about 20 more places to decide.