Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jan 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Holiday inn lake Buena Vista?

Hi just wondered if anyone has stayed here? I'm seriously considering reducing my stay onsite at Disney and switching to this resort- would save us over a £1000 taking into account the loss of dining credit and resort fees. On the map it looks in a good position and even the park transport seems to get good reviews on ta which is rare (Iv looked at alot of hotels and we don't drive!)

Any info greatly received.
Many thanks
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Just to check, do you definitely mean HI LBV or HI Disney Springs Area? They have two hotels quite close to each other which get mixed up a lot but offer very different experiences. DSA is a partner resort so has the hourly shuttle plus the same perks as a value or moderate onsite resort. LBV does not and has a more typical off-site shuttle of park open and close AFAIK.

ETA: I would stay at DSA but not LBV as not having all day shuttle access is my deal breaker.

Edited at 01:47 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

I have stayed at the Disney Springs holiday Inn a few years a go and had a really good stay. Since then though they have added a $35 per night resort fee. I have 11 nights at Coronado springs booked and did look at switching to the holiday inn to save money. However as traveling solo on this trip when factor in the dinning credit, $200 gift card it is only working out about £100 more for the Coronado springs, so have decided to stick with Corondo (that's booking the holiday inn with cancellation, would be another £200 cheaper if booked with no cancelation, however don't want to risk that in the current climate). With no car, while the Disney springs hotel busses worked out fine (every 30 mins to each park) I found the buses easier when staying onsite. The Other buena vista location is a little cheaper and the resort fee is around $25 there.

Edited at 01:32 PM.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista in December. The resort itself is ok, not up to the same spec as SSR or OKW where we went onto next but it was clean and pleasant. We had a kids suite, which was in essence a large room with partition wall to create a kid's 'room' with bunk beds. Large TV with HBO. Coffee maker, fridge etc. The pool is large and was heated to a lovely temp in December, much warmer than the Disney resorts. There is an arcade, store and kids TV room on the ground floor plus an Applebees restaurant attached.
Location is great. A few minutes from Disney Springs, Premium Outlets and a Target.
Downside when checking in on a Friday night was that we got caught up in traffic about 5 minutes away (can't remember if it was the I4, or just off it), but this would happen anywhere in the area.
Wi-Fi onsite was brilliant, far better than Disney! I was able to watch Netflix on my phone when the rest of the family were going to sleep with no issues.
We booked through Virgin Holidays and the resort fee was included in the price, plus free parking.
One thing to note is the onsite store was ridiculously expensive. I paid $15 for 6 Corona as fancied a beer after the long drive. I also grabbed some cereal and milk for the kids to have breakfast or a snack if they awoke in the night which were also expensive. If I hadn't have just driven up from Miami airport I would have driven to Target about 8 minutes away!

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021

Edited at 03:25 PM.
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

Just stooped in November beds were the most comfortable I have ever stayed in and pool was heated which was a bonus,was a nightmare to get out you had to go either past premuim outlets turning and do a uturn or turn as though you were going to premuim outlets then turn around which every day was a pain in the bum we weren’t allowed a cleaner in week we stayed due to Covid which was strange so had to put rubbish etc and towels outside door every day but for savings I would do it ,x
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
I agree with your thinking. We've always stayed on-site, it's been a big part of our holiday, always with free Disney dining. However, I've booked Buena Vista Suites for both of us at £92.50 per night including tax, resort fees, free shuttle transport, free parking and breakfast.

Massive savings over an onsite stay. Got this great price on booking.com.

Can't justify the price of staying on-site any more sadly.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney

Edited at 05:44 PM.
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked here for Aug, through Virgin so resort fees included. Nice to read some good comments. To be honest as long as its clean we happy only a place to get our heads down
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
moblies
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed in the LBV one for two weeks in August 2019 and it was perfect, Applebees downstairs, a small movie room and i think once a week they had a movie on the big projector screen round the pool. plenty of places to eat in walking distance as well.
looking to stay again this year.
moblies is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We’ve never stayed at Holiday Inn LBV before, but we are for 17 days on our May trip (booked through BA, with resort fee included/waived which includes parking).
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Thank you for all the replies it is the lake Buena vista and not the Disney springs one which I'm looking at. On ta there scheduled bus service gets alot of good reviews and I'm thinking as non drivers even if we just use that one way and then Uber on the way home (with kids it's always difficult to know when they will have had enough) there is still money to be saved. The kids eating free at Applebee's also really appeals to my wallet lol! I know the resort it ltself doesn't look any thing 'wow' but then again neither does all star music!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List