Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Jan 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fun2behad
Excited about Disney

fun2behad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Best source for latest travel advise? - RE destination county's COVID restrictions

Hi dibbers,

We are hoping to holiday in Spain, Portugal or Cyprus this summer but are struggling to find a reliable, easy to use/understand and frequently updated source regarding the destination country's COVID restrictions and review date for those restrictions.

I had thought that gov.uk would be the most reliable source but the information on there is often inconsistent with advice given by holiday companies (such as Jet2/TUI).

Any suggestions?
fun2behad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m afraid I don’t think there is one source! We’ve always used tui table to understand what we need to do or gov website as you’ve mentioned. Summer is so far away I’d take anything with a pinch of salt!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

A good travel agent will keep you up to date and FCDO is the best one to keep an eye on
I find the big online companies can be slow to update and leave it to you to find out what you need
Old 12 Jan 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I'm involved in the travel side of stuff where I work. We use companies that book our travel and have access to a raft of information online. We use sherpa that gives us up to date travel info. I've just looked randomly at UK to Cyprus in July and it brings up a page with loads of info and some places to get relevant forms for both outbound and inbound. I would expect a good travel agent will have access to similar resources. Unfortunately, I am unable to give you access to the info or I would.

Even on this page i'm looking at it has a bit about you checking government and airline pages as well.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18

Edited at 12:48 PM.
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I usually go to the government website for the country I'm looking at. As everything else (including GOV UK) has just been filtered down from that and is relying on it being updated.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Ryanair website is the one I use constantly up to date.

ryanair/ie/en/useful-info/map-page

Old 13 Jan 22, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
fun2behad
Excited about Disney

fun2behad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thanks everyone - I appreciate your responses.
fun2behad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hello! We are in Portugal at the moment. In terms of the requirements to enter, as others have said, I would check a major airline website in advance of your trip. I find easyJet's travel hub really good for this as you enter your vaccination status & origin & destination airports so it will personalise it for you.

With regards to the counties covid restrictions they are always changing. We were here in September/October and they changed part way through to be less restrictive. They have now returned to masks everywhere including hotels - but not outdoors. We have found every time we checked into a hotel they make you aware on check in of all the rules in various locations! Hope this helps
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List