Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Following with interest as I would love a trip to Disneyland California! We don’t drive so it would be great if you can post Uber experiences. What are you doing on non park days. I was looking at 5 day hopper tickets. Thanks
We’re not sure yet of what to do on our non-park days. Maybe a tour? Don’t really want to book anything until we know we’re going. Having to test 24 hours before means you can’t really make firm plans.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
We’re not sure yet of what to do on our non-park days. Maybe a tour? Don’t really want to book anything until we know we’re going. Having to test 24 hours before means you can’t really make firm plans.
For LA / tourist stuff its better to do a two location stay and stay somewhere like Hollywood / Burbank / Santa Monica.

I have a no park day on my upcoming trip and I'm doing a chill out day, late breakfast at La Brea Bakery, then shopping in Downtown Disney and exploring the Disney Hotels.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
For LA / tourist stuff its better to do a two location stay and stay somewhere like Hollywood / Burbank / Santa Monica.

I have a no park day on my upcoming trip and I'm doing a chill out day, late breakfast at La Brea Bakery, then shopping in Downtown Disney and exploring the Disney Hotels.
Thanks. In all honesty, it will probably be a chill/mooch about day. We’re only there 6 nights so we have one full day and one day which includes getting to the airport. The rest are park days.

We’ll just have to go back!😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

We've just booked a last minute Disneyland and LA trip. We are staying at Fairield for 5 nights and planning 4 days in parks then changing to North Hollywood and staying near universal for 6 nights. Planning a couple of days in universal and the rest sightseeing. Hope you have a great time.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
We've just booked a last minute Disneyland and LA trip. We are staying at Fairield for 5 nights and planning 4 days in parks then changing to North Hollywood and staying near universal for 6 nights. Planning a couple of days in universal and the rest sightseeing. Hope you have a great time.
Happy planning!
Old 17 Jan 22, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am here now on a public holiday weekend. We are not going into the park today as it is the actual public holiday, I am going to the spa and we will go to Downtown Disney and maybe the pool.

But we were in the park yesterday, Sunday. We got into the park (California Adventure) somewhere between 9 and 9:30am and whilst it did not feel busy as in very crowded, most queues were already up to about 30-45 minutes. By that I mean queues for the larger rides, little rides like the swings, Critters Carousel etc were available during the day with a five to fifteen minute wait.

I would say throughout the day the popular rides had a 30-60 minute wait with a couple of exceptions, Soarin was about a 90 minute wait all day. We had Genie+ and were able to get a lightening lane on everything that has it other than Soarin, which only ever had times 4 or 5 hours later and also the river ride, because we didn’t fancy doing it. Time in each lightening lane queue was about ten minutes so I would guess we saved maybe an average of thirty minutes per ride, so maybe 2.5 hours overall.

We didn’t go to Disneyland park but I looked at wait times and availabilities through the day. It was probably similar, although with a few more rides at the +60 minute wait. The lightening lane availability didn’t seem too bad, most things were available within an hour, Space Mountain seemed to be the one with more than an hour wait for a lightening Lane but nothing like Soarin.

Ideally I wouldn’t have gone on a public holiday weekend either, but it wasn’t awful. We are primarily interested in rides and have a low tolerance for queues, so the Genie+ for us was I think an essential yesterday.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am here now on a public holiday weekend. We are not going into the park today as it is the actual public holiday, I am going to the spa and we will go to Downtown Disney and maybe the pool.

But we were in the park yesterday, Sunday. We got into the park (California Adventure) somewhere between 9 and 9:30am and whilst it did not feel busy as in very crowded, most queues were already up to about 30-45 minutes. By that I mean queues for the larger rides, little rides like the swings, Critters Carousel etc were available during the day with a five to fifteen minute wait.

I would say throughout the day the popular rides had a 30-60 minute wait with a couple of exceptions, Soarin was about a 90 minute wait all day. We had Genie+ and were able to get a lightening lane on everything that has it other than Soarin, which only ever had times 4 or 5 hours later and also the river ride, because we didn’t fancy doing it. Time in each lightening lane queue was about ten minutes so I would guess we saved maybe an average of thirty minutes per ride, so maybe 2.5 hours overall.

We didn’t go to Disneyland park but I looked at wait times and availabilities through the day. It was probably similar, although with a few more rides at the +60 minute wait. The lightening lane availability didn’t seem too bad, most things were available within an hour, Space Mountain seemed to be the one with more than an hour wait for a lightening Lane but nothing like Soarin.

Ideally I wouldn’t have gone on a public holiday weekend either, but it wasn’t awful. We are primarily interested in rides and have a low tolerance for queues, so the Genie+ for us was I think an essential yesterday.
Thank you for feeding back. I really appreciate it. For someone who once queued 3.5 hours for the transformers ride at IoA, those wait times don’t seem too bad.😅